Want everyones opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patsfan 88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I want to do a ground up build . I have a 6s kraton now its durable but I want faster. I was thinking about a tekno kit or 8s kraton . I need yalls help deciding?what would the price difference be? I want something that will go 65 plus without heat issues . I mostly street bash . Mostly full throttle up and down the street. But I want something that can go through grass and dirt with out heat issues. Are the 8s diffs better than the 6s ones? And I know CORONA slowed down aftermarket parts for the 8s but are they gonna make aftermarket parts for it?

I want to do a ground up build .
Great! Ones a RTR, the other is a kit..
I have a 6s kraton now its durable but I want faster.

Put a bigger motor/ESC in it and more battery.
I was thinking about a tekno kit or 8s kraton .

Big differences, never compared them against each other.
I need yalls help deciding? what would the price difference be?

You have the same online pricing that we can see.
I want something that will go 65 plus without heat issues .

Both can go that fast with the right stuff.
I mostly street bash . Mostly full throttle up and down the street.

Great
But I want something that can go through grass and dirt with out heat issues.

Both can geared right.
Are the 8s diffs better than the 6s ones?

They are strong enough to handle 12s
And I know CORONA slowed down aftermarket parts for the 8s but are they gonna make aftermarket parts for it?

There are plenty of AF parts available for it already, actually many months now.

Well, "ground up build" sounds more like a kit. I guess you would end up paying a similar amount for both. The Tekno will be faster if you build it for street speed. Kraton 8s stock will probably have trouble keeping up with your K6s.

In your situation, I would only get the Kraton if you fancy that 1/5th scale. Everything in your posts sounds more like tekno to me.

I’d say if your sticking to Arrma, the trugified typhon or a talion. Being much lighter they can be geared up. The lower talion can easily be changed for street speed with a pinion and tires. Stock electrics will get you in the 65mph area. Heat issues depend more on driving style. I can gear up my rigs without heat issues but rarely keep it flat out for more than a couple seconds. Others will overheat on stock gearing in large fields and parking lots.

Tekno kit would be great. Well thought out, proven race design and very durable. I’m not a huge fan because of the chassis layout. Tight and narrow, limited on space for electrics especially in the mt410 and eb48. I rarely run mine as compared to my Arrmas. If price is no object m2c has killer upgraded wide chassis and braces for all the teknos.

The K8s drivetrain is miles ahead of the 6s line in terms of durability. The rest of it not as much. It can be made very tough except for the arms. They are expensive and all six are different. Stock 6s typhon or talion arms are maybe 25$ Or so at jennysrc and the k8s something like 75$. I’m hoping for rpm arms to come out sometime this year...To get the k8s to the 65mph will cost you some electrics. It’s not a bad thing because you have the stock 8s system for something else or to sell. To have the k8s going that fast is no joke. I gear mine for 50mph and I swear it soars off of jumps. I don’t know why it seems to fly so much further off of the same jump. Running it in a unkept dirt lot or construction site is a blast. Mine rarely sees a street, looks like innovation rc on YouTube might have the fastest street k8s runs. He blows a lot of stuff up. For electrics if I could get some $$ together, would be the castle 8s system. I’m back to my stock motor after locking up my Hobbystar...good luck, it’s fun to have choices...

Tekno kit would be great. Well thought out, proven race design and very durable. I’m not a huge fan because of the chassis layout. Tight and narrow, limited on space for electrics especially in the mt410 and eb48.
There is indeed VERY little space in an mt410 and it has been limiting me in terms of battery brands. A hobbywing 6s combo is a pretty tight fit, but it does work. An advantage of the narrow chassis is the low weight - you get a much better power-to-weight ratio than with the 6s Arrmas.

Last edited:
drive train on the K8 is not bullet proof like everyone thinks it is. I have bent and broken 9 cvd axles and the out drives are chewed up.

drive train on the K8 is not bullet proof like everyone thinks it is. I have bent and broken 9 cvd axles and the out drives are chewed up.
I guess it’s good enough for the average guy like myself...Were not all superstars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back