Kraton My opinion on my new 8s Kraton V2 after the first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s what I’ve been saying. My V1 broke every time I took it out. This thing is a total tank. I’ve lawn darted it, I’ve landed on one wheel from a 15’ jump at WOT, I’ve wrecked it every way you can imagine. All I e broken is a rod end. Arrma upgraded their materials, no doubt. Which is very good for peeps with a V1, because as they replace parts, the quality will be higher than before.
yes not had a 5th scale electric before hope the parts used are upgraded when I nosed it I thought for sure something would be broke or bent. just trying to get used to the size and weight of the thing. mite go up to a 28t pinion from a 26t managed to backflip it but took some doing

V1 stock chassis

I love you guys but you're all drunk off placebo pills! To this day I've never broken an arm on my outcast v1 and you're all driving the same exb we've been driving for a year+ :ROFLMAO:
I thought that for a while, and maybe it was because my V1 was the BLX, but that thing broke arms if you looked at it wrong. I finally went to RPM out of desperation, because I wanted to be able to finish a battery charge without it breaking. I loved that truck, but traded it off because it was too fragile. I was very hesitant to buy the V2 for that reason. I’ve crashed this one worse than I ever did with my V1, and it has held up perfectly, completely stock. I’m only going off of experience between the two trucks.

Nice review!! arrma really knocked it out of the park with the electronics compared to the competition. Even putting in a max 6 into an xrt doesn't wake it to match the new k8s.
You can't compete with Spektrum, imagine if they made custom setups like CC or HW.. would kill the game, that I am certain of!! 💯

Maybe there was just some inconsistent MFG going on in the plastics department 😀

Waiting on new good batteries but so far versus the xmaxx this thing handles fantastic.
I will put on the included speed pinion later and my guess is that I will be satisfied with top speed.

Other than that I will probably buy a DX5C transmitter to be able look and control things better.

Need help in deciding, I am in the market for a Kraton EXB RTR 8s "or" the brand new Kraton EXB RTR 6s. Which one should I drop the money on??? I have been thinking about this too long, and I still don't have any idea which to go with.

Tower Hobbies is doing a sale for 20% off for all Super Saver Club Members and the new Kraton EXB RTR 6s has a 4x point rewards for purchase too. Kraton EXB RTR 8s with the promo is down to $855.

400762987-316447674511862-3771342502552190344-n.png

And Kraton 6S

401066417-1362876137672119-8365591471752203109-n.png

8s. Good deals seem to be more frequent on the 6s line.
Thank you so much for your help! Just pull the trigger on the Kraton EXB 8s RTR. Yeah 20% off on this big truck is a big deal (pun not intended). Wish tax was included but oh well, at least it is free shipping.
Question, has anybody upgrade their KRATON 8s EXB on part such as these below:

* EXB CNC 7075 T6 Aluminum
- CNC Steering set
- CNC Front Rear Suspension Hanger
- CNC Rear Front Suspension Hanger
- CNC Servo Saver Axle

I cannot find photos of these parts fully installed on the truggy. Basically want the finish result look like. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help! Just pull the trigger on the Kraton EXB 8s RTR. Yeah 20% off on this big truck is a big deal (pun not intended). Wish tax was included but oh well, at least it is free shipping.
Question, has anybody upgrade their KRATON 8s EXB on part such as these below:

* EXB CNC 7075 T6 Aluminum
- CNC Steering set
- CNC Front Rear Suspension Hanger
- CNC Rear Front Suspension Hanger
- CNC Servo Saver Axle

I cannot find photos of these parts fully installed on the truggy. Basically want the finish result look like. Thanks for the help.
mines all stock and loving it

In my typical backwards way, I just bought the now discontinued K8 v1. LOL. I hear folks speaking of breaking arms of the v1 K8's.. that must have been some time ago? Pretty sure the v1 and v2 are using the same arms, and looks to be for a few years now?

In my typical backwards way, I just bought the now discontinued K8 v1. LOL. I hear folks speaking of breaking arms of the v1 K8's.. that must have been some time ago? Pretty sure the v1 and v2 are using the same arms, and looks to be for a few years now?
I have had pretty good luck with my V1 arms but I know others that were not so lucky. If I were to take a guess, inconsistent MFG?

If you are okay with no droop screw provisions RPM arms seem nice as well.

Boil the stock arms for 3 minutes, problem solved! :cool:

Last edited:
I have had pretty good luck with my V1 arms but I know others that were not so lucky. If I were to take a guess, inconsistent MFG?

If you are okay with no droop screw provisions RPM arms seem very nice as well.

Boil the stock arms for 3 minutes, problem solved! :cool:
Yeah, maybe the first version is where all the fails were? I really don't know of all the revisions that have gone on with the 8s Arrma's. I am pretty confident the arms haven't changed since the introduction of the EXB rollers? One would have to find some really old stock I would think to get the original parts. Hopefully I'm not "one"..🤞🤔🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back