Wanting to de-anodize my shocks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would stick with the crystals and not use oven cleaner or drain cleaner. They are mixed too strong. This is after I reanodized my parts. I did the chassis and everything.

image (9).jpg

Wow, that's a lot of color 😉
As far as I know I'm the only one in the world with purple anodized mc2 towers and chassis. M2c aluminum is a b*tch to anodize btw their clear anodize is a pita to get off and the 7075 has zinc in the alloy so it's hard to get it work. JBI hot garbage intejunk and garbage parts are easy to strip and re coat thought. All the same alloy, they all reacted the same way.

Those look like Limitless shocks...very nice!! How much would you charge to do a set? Name your price...I'd be willing to pay it!
Man it’s a pain in the a$$! They look amazing when you are done, but it’s not a simple process. You gotta strip them with drain cleaner (that stuff is toxic) then polish them to your liking (time consuming) I’ve done several pair of shocks and probably everything you can think of that comes red on Arrma’s. I also stripped a pair of MTB pedals (red👎🏼)

Do you not want to do them yourself? I have no clue what I would charge. I can walk you through it and will share a video that I used to learn the process. I’m doing a build now and thought about doing another set, but I said screw it.

381D9647-4531-415A-8F5E-0EAC10257F6A.jpeg

793BC3AA-AA5D-497E-B656-38F1ABDE8B35.jpeg

5513FBCE-47AB-40B6-B6B7-051EA098BBC4.jpeg

31E3C5DF-9099-4584-94B4-37FA401B57B3.jpeg

Those look like Limitless shocks...very nice!! How much would you charge to do a set? Name your price...I'd be willing to pay it!
I find it quite simple now that I have done it about 6 times or so. I don't spend a lot of time polishing because they are just going to darken anyways, not a lot but they will unless you re-anodize clear, which isn't needed unless you really want the always shine. It is a fun project. I would just do it yourself it is very satisfying in the end. At first I wasn't adding enough drain cleaner and now I know how much to add and it strips it down in a very short amount of time, clean it off and hit it with some polish and you are golden

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back