Mojave Weak batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinis Son

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
Having an issue with my Mojave. I run 2 venom 3s LiPo 4000 20c batteries. The last few times I ran the truck with these batteries, the run time don’t seem to last long at all. Looses power after a couple minutes of running. What could this be? Not enough battery power? Something wrong with the Mojave?

50C or higher.. I think going up to 5000mAh or even 6000mAh would be a good idea too. Its quite a big vehicle. Just check the chosen lipo dimensions will fit in the Mojaves battery tray.

I don't own one so hopefully others will chime in with what they use..

50C or higher.. I think going up to 5000mAh or even 6000mAh would be a good idea too. Its quite a big vehicle. Just check the chosen lipo dimensions will fit in the Mojaves battery tray.

I don't own one so hopefully others will chime in with what they use..
Ok thanks

Your 20C 4000mAh can only supply a theoretical 80A... defo not enough for a mojave.
The 50C 5200mAh should give you over 250A available theoretically. You should see a huge difference in power and run time with these..

The batteries I am currently using are 2 Spectrum 6s 5000 50C batteries, and 1 Turnigy 6s 45C 5000mAh batteries. For the cost, the Turnigy Graphene battery is amazing. It's a really tight fit, and I have bought a battery tray to replace the stock Arrma tray as a result. But it's still an awesome battery.

Lipos are for sure too weak. Are they getting puffy when you run? The likely will. You are lucky the ESC knows better. You could end up with a fireball Mojave.

Going with 2 5200 Amh 50C lipos 3cell. They should do. Yes the 4000 20C got puffy. Thanks for the feedback
Puffy is the phase before the magic smoke comes out.

Very important points above..

How puffed are they?

If they are badly puffed... you really want to consider disposing of them safely. An attended full discharge on the charger then putting them in salt water for a week or so, will do the trick.

C rating sounds far too low..
A true 20C is actually sufficient for the Mojave but most batteries unfortunately don't carry a true C rating in the first place

Very important points above..

How puffed are they?

If they are badly puffed... you really want to consider disposing of them safely. An attended full discharge on the charger then putting them in salt water for a week or so, will do the trick.
BS no fun in it - charge them - use a rake or similar to spike right through them - watch the winds .... then dispose the remains safely but lipo fires are actually fun!

I still have yet to see a puffed lipo catch fire for any reason other than overcharging, overdischarging, or puncturing. If they don’t look like footballs keep your 4000’s around for something else you own that doesn’t need as much power.

I still have yet to see a puffed lipo catch fire for any reason other than overcharging, overdischarging, or puncturing. If they don’t look like footballs keep your 4000’s around for something else you own that doesn’t need as much power.
That's what I've done with my older Batts. They now power my daughters Senton Mega.

The batteries I am currently using are 2 Spectrum 6s 5000 50C batteries, and 1 Turnigy 6s 45C 5000mAh batteries. For the cost, the Turnigy Graphene battery is amazing. It's a really tight fit, and I have bought a battery tray to replace the stock Arrma tray as a result. But it's still an awesome battery.
I second the turnigy graphene lipos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back