Kraton Weak Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I just noticed that the brakes on my Kraton are very weak. I was bashing along a huge downhill embankment and the truck got to the edge. I was holding full brake but the weight of the truck just pulled it down the hill (and up against a tree, Thank God). I couldn't even go into reverse because the truck was rolling forward. It never used to be like this. I can I now hold full brake and push the truck forward fairly easily. Any idea what's going on? I recalibrated but it didn't help.

There should be a setting in the manual which shows you how to increase the brake strength

The brake/reverse on the arrma esc is a bit weird for me as well. With my castle esc's/motors, if the truck is moving forward, then it applies brake. If the truck is stationary, brake applies reverse. On my outcast, brake always seems to apply brake, even if stationary, then if I let off the brake and apply it again, it goes in reverse. Kind of like it needs a double tap. Really throws me for a loop for a bit whenever I run it, then one of my castle esc trucks and switch back. Kind of like going from a nitro to electric truck back to back. Takes a bit to get used to "brake" again.

Check the dials on the radio. 1 of them adjusts the brake settings, I think it's the throttle trim.. I found I had inadvertently adjusted mine when I hit a speed bump. I let of the throttle right when I hit the bump and it very quickly endo'd on to a 40 yard roof slide. Then I noticed all I had to do was let off the throttle and the car would act as if I slammed on the brakes. Easy fix. Your car should roll freely, when not on the throttle.

I went into the ESC variables and changed the brake strength to 50%. First time I went to correct the attitude of the truck while jumping, I nose dived right into the ground. I moved it back to the default, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back