Kraton Weak cross pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxgasmekl

Reaction score
Hi - I have just ordered a set of m2c center driveshafts for my Kraton. Mainly because of a very visible wear on the front center driveshaft cross pins. Is this normal? The rears are not at all that worn. Would I be able to knock out the pins and tab in new harddned ones? From a drillbit or similar?

IMG_5522.jpeg

IMG_5523.jpeg

PM wear item, harder pins will eat the drive cups so pick your poison. Too hard and they'll shear, I like S7 rod material and just re-weld my diff cups full when they start egging too much. Mugen makes a nice pin replacement as well.

They'll hammer out with new interference pins going in, hot dog-bone and cold pin like butter. 💪 My small 4" vice has a radius machined in for the bone ball to sit.

They're cheap to replace as an assembly and most don't have the capability to do it without hurting something...

PM wear item, harder pins will eat the drive cups so pick your poison. Too hard and they'll shear, I like S7 rod material and just re-weld my diff cups full when they start egging too much. Mugen makes a nice pin replacement as well.

They'll hammer out with new interference pins going in, hot dog-bone and cold pin like butter. 💪 My small 4" vice has a radius machined in for the bone ball to sit.

They're cheap to replace as an assembly and most don't have the capability to do it without hurting something...
Ok - I see your point of choosing what to wear first;) what size/dia pin should I use then? And how are you able to heat the shaft without heating the pin? I guess the old pin has to be hammered out before the new one is put in?
Wear item, replace and bulk up!! 😎
A wall full of standard center driveshafts. Or hopefulle my m2c will ladt longer. Its weird that its only the front one that wears so quick

The front wears more rapidly than the rear because of the kick-up angle of the front bulkhead and the subsequently higher misalignment of the front shaft and drive cup. I choose to just replace the front center shaft as mecessary because it’s cheap and quick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back