Outcast What’s the best wing mount and bumper for Outcast/Notorious?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
What’s the general consensus for a wing mount and a front bumper for the Outcast/Notorious? I know that one of the aftermarket wing mounts has been problematic (TBR?). Front bumper? RPM?

I run stock HD..works like a charm..might try to boil it 10 min..RPM, uses same design as the V1 arrmas, wich broke a lot...

Are you referring to the front bumper or the wing mounts? Or both?

For me the stock wingmount is lasting a lot longer than the RPM did.

Im using the v2 outcast TBR front bumper. It feels really solid which Im not sure I like. Might switch to the RPM front bumper

For me the stock wingmount is lasting a lot longer than the RPM did.

Im using the v2 outcast TBR front bumper. It feels really solid which Im not sure I like. Might switch to the RPM front bumper

I'm done giving TBR money. They really pissed me off with my Granite wheelie bar.

Does the RPM front bumper that fits the Kraton fit the Outcast?

I usually buy the Arrma HD wing mounts 2 at a time, but I see TBR has their newest version of the wing mount out now. According to them, It survived 12 consecutive drops from 14' up on concrete before breaking, so I'm probably gonna give that a try once I run through the last of the stock ones. I really need to find out if it'll fit a voltage hobbies tower without too much modification.
As for bumpers I've been running the RPM one but keep pulling screws through the mounting holes, which I'm not very happy about given the minimal amount of abuse I've run this one through in the last 4 weeks. This makes the 2nd one in 6 months.
I'll more than likely pick up one of the smaller TBR front Typhon bumpers whenever I order the wing mount

I usually buy the Arrma HD wing mounts 2 at a time, but I see TBR has their newest version of the wing mount out now. According to them, It survived 12 consecutive drops from 14' up on concrete before breaking, so I'm probably gonna give that a try once I run through the last of the stock ones. I really need to find out if it'll fit a voltage hobbies tower without too much modification.
As for bumpers I've been running the RPM one but keep pulling screws through the mounting holes, which I'm not very happy about given the minimal amount of abuse I've run this one through in the last 4 weeks. This makes the 2nd one in 6 months.
I'll more than likely pick up one of the smaller TBR front Typhon bumpers whenever I order the wing mount
I’m same issue as you my the screws keep popping out from the diff housing. I then put thru bolts and put a nuton it. Then one of the ears broke. I have a t2t brace which is holding it all together but is bending my voltage hobbies tower. I think the solution is getting the hr diff housing and redesign my t2t brace

When you guys say the stock hd wing mount are you talking about the one that comes on the v2 outcast? If so that only lasted 1 pack for me. I since bought the rpm one with no issues other than they are bent a bit

The front RPM Bumper is amazing It REALLY soaks a hit, but you MUST remove Kraton front bumper, else the RPM bumper will bend up and break off the screws in the kraton bumper and you will be removing broken threads from your bulkheads or worse replacing bulkheads.

I recorded some video mentioning this and I am making a video on my youtube channel about what I consider must have upgrades and the RPM bumper is for sure on that list.

Ill edit and release that video soon, sub to my channel for updates if you want them

I have this bumper on my Kraton. I use the stock bumper from a Typhon to hold the hinge pins in. You can't just remove the stock bumper without using something under the RPM bumper.

Yes i forgot to mention that here, but its in the video I mention that I removed the Rear hinge mounts and put it up front and doubled up on the front mount to hold the pins in and double the mount strength, so I have 2 bars stacked in front of my pins. I will show you in the video.

i replaced the back mount with aluminum

is the front bumper from typhon metal?

both mounts added together, both hold pins still, i know the kraton bumper doesn't hold the pins from side motion, only from coming out of the mount. With the method I suggested you get double the mounting strength on the hinge pins. and if someone is upgrading the rear mount then they already have what they need to do this.

That's what I went with as well

IMG_7988.PNG

is the front bumper from typhon metal?

both mounts added together, both hold pins still, i know the kraton bumper doesn't hold the pins from side motion, only from coming out of the mount. With the method I suggested you get double the mounting strength on the hinge pins. and if someone is upgrading the rear mount then they already have what they need to do this.

Whatever works for you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back