What charger are you using for 6s 5000mah?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechDad

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
I've read the sticky but wanted to see what you guys were using. It doesn't matter if I charge one or two at a time,I just want to get a charger that's up to the job.

i JUST USE THE LECTRON PRO ACDC-DUO - COMMON SENSE RC ACDC-DUO Two-Port Multi-Chemistry Balancing Charger (LiPo/LiFe/LiHV/NiMH)
1584315312224.png

So that's fine for charging dual 6s 5000mah?
It will as it is but will faster if you purchase a DC power supply. For me, I don't need to go faster and I absolutely love my Hota charger. Probably in the top 3 hobby purchases I've made. Cant beat the value and software is intuitive and does all we need. Even does stuff we don't need like wirelessly charge our phones.

It will as it is but will faster if you purchase a DC power supply. For me, I don't need to go faster and I absolutely love my Hota charger. Probably in the top 3 hobby purchases I've made. Cant beat the value and software is intuitive and does all we need. Even does stuff we don't need like wirelessly charge our phones.

So it does come with an AC power cord? No need for faster for me either. I could actually go with charging one at a time and be ok.

So it does come with an AC power cord? No need for faster for me either. I could actually go with charging one at a time and be ok.
Yes. Comes with AC power cord. Just need some xt60 to whatever battery plugs you use...similar to ISDT chargers.
Yes. Comes with AC power cord. Just need some xt60 to whatever battery plugs you use...similar to ISDT chargers.

Something like this
https://ebay.to/2voENtr

Last edited:
The icharger 406 does not. I use a sky Rc power supply cranked up to 30vdc
What is the c rating on your 6s batteries? 2? 3?

I got the Spektrum smart charger (S2100/2x100W) and a Revolectrix Pl8v2 (1350W/40A) charges 4x6S5000mah in ~24mins ... options and options....
Was looking to get one of these smart chargers as well. How do you like it?
Do you use the Spektrum smart batteries as well?
I currently have a Venom Duo charger and its works fine but I hate the giant balance connector that it comes with.
I like the smart charger has the balance built right into the charger and no extra plug ins required.

Was looking to get one of these smart chargers as well. How do you like it?
Do you use the Spektrum smart batteries as well?
I currently have a Venom Duo charger and its works fine but I hate the giant balance connector that it comes with.
I like the smart charger has the balance built right into the charger and no extra plug ins required.
Got blinded by it - I got 4S 5000mah smart batteries but the charger is heavily underpowered my PL8 is much better / with smart receivers you can get the battery detail just fine but even that seems to be a bit off at time I tend to set the alarm 10/15% higher than expected to be sure

SkyRC Ultimate Duo 400. Just another option. I like the fact that it's built like a friggin tank and comes with nice cables and is AC/DC. Also, 2x200W up to 7s is nice.

Any charger will do if you do not care about time.
If you want to charge at the recommended 1C charge rate you will need a charger that can supply (6S=24V at 5000mA = 24V*5A=120W)
That would be minimum 120W per channel (dual), higher is ok lower will just take longer.
Will a 50W charger work? - yes it will just take longer. No that won't cause damage to the battery.

Hota will do it, others will as well. Pick one that gives you the right connector options.
I've opted for the Hota and not looking back.

iSDT T6 Lite, being fed with 24v DC...❤❤❤??

https://www.isdt.co/t6-lite.html?lang=en
Great choice, just make sure that you get the correct DC supply to go along with it.

Check whatever charger you pick for AC or DC or both capability, next is volatge capability (6S, 8S etc) and then wattage.
If DC only you will need an external power supply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back