Infraction 3S - What upgraded motor / ESC / Gearing / Temps are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJSPEED

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My Infraction 3S has been upgraded to the Hobbywing EZrun 3665 SD G3 4000Kv motor and EZrun MAX10 G2 140 Amp ESC sensored combo with 50/20 stock gearing.
The first run will be tomorrow (mostly just drifting big parking lots) and I'll post temps after running 1 3S pack (6,000Mah 100C).

I'm curious about what brushless setups other people are running in their Infraction 3S - What upgraded motor / ESC / gearing / temps are you running?

I'm running a Castle Copperhead 10 SCT with a Castle 3200kv sensored motor that I pulled from a rock racer that had too many issues. I run a 23T pinion and stock spur, and the motor temps are low (under 130F). The sensored Castle system allows me to run larger pinion gears: when I tried running a 23T pinion with the stock Spektrum ESC and 3900kv motor, the cogging made the vehicle undriveable. I might eventually upgrade to a 3800kv Castle motor, but it seems fast enough on 3s in the area I have to run it in and I might leave it as is.

I'm running a Castle Copperhead 10 SCT with a Castle 3200kv sensored motor that I pulled from a rock racer that had too many issues. I run a 23T pinion and stock spur, and the motor temps are low (under 130F). The sensored Castle system allows me to run larger pinion gears: when I tried running a 23T pinion with the stock Spektrum ESC and 3900kv motor, the cogging made the vehicle undriveable. I might eventually upgrade to a 3800kv Castle motor, but it seems fast enough on 3s in the area I have to run it in and I might leave it as is.
Thanks for posting, hopefully this thread help give people a baseline for upgrading their Infraction 3S motors / ESC's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back