What does it mean if there is 1 fault?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Countomar63

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Vendetta
It's showing this on my s2100 charger with no other detail

IMG_20230921_202149.jpg

What does the manual say that error is caused by?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't own that charger, but based on my job as software customer support for (online poker software) the past 15 years, I would guess that you can just ignore that error. :p

I assume you know that I am joking.............

Im just stressing out a bit because I've had a lipo fire in the past and I'm trying to do everything in my power to prevent it from happening again.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't own that charger, but based on my job as software customer support for (online poker software) the past 15 years, I would guess that you can just ignore that error. :p

I assume you know that I am joking............

Baby sit that charger until you get a call to HH. Silly and dumb not indicating what the fault problem is. Dump all spectrum products on a spaceship and send it all to the moon!! Elon Must can help???

I don’t remember. My last Spektrum charger was sold a couple years ago. It was in the menu somewhere. That fault could be something as simple as a momentary overheat code, IIRC. I would get out of battery history and check the current IR on the cells. That will tell you a lot.
Sorry I’m not being of more help, I just don’t remember the menu options. I have like 5 chargers and have to re-educate myself frequently depending on which one I’m using.

I don’t remember. My last Spektrum charger was sold a couple years ago. It was in the menu somewhere. That fault could be something as simple as a momentary overheat code, IIRC. I would get out of battery history and check the current IR on the cells. That will tell you a lot.
Sorry I’m not being of more help, I just don’t remember the menu options. I have like 5 chargers and have to re-educate myself frequently depending on which one I’m using.
Excuses 🫠
Dan.B I have 2 dual charges and I get confused, have to stop and think😶‍🌫️ !! What's my excuse 😉😶

Last edited:
It's showing this on my s2100 charger with no other detail

View attachment 323410
I had some faults on my batteries before I returned them as a part of warranty. I can't remember where I found the log either, but it just said over discharged or over charged on my logs. I still don't know how they got over charged with the smart system 🤔 and why one cell gor over discharged with the smart system.... so I returned them and got gensbatteries.

Im just stressing out a bit because I've had a lipo fire in the past and I'm trying to do everything in my power to prevent it from happening again.
That supposed $Smart$ Spektrum Eco thing there, wants to keep you in the dark and stay Dumb. I would call Spektrum in regards. Their Manual is not all that.
I would have started with the mainstream dumb lipos and chargers. You wouldn't need to ask much . Just Look at the Internal Resistance and voltage of each cell to understand your lipo's condition. It's actually smarter done this way. That Smart lipo gear does not make it any safer. Never did. It's more for the lazy man or entices noobs that are not comfortable and scared of lipo's. It is just marketting that offers Smart telem and all. Useless fluff.
I've had one 6s Notorious fire that totaled out the whole rig. Been there. It happens. The risk is always there, sometimes not even from
user error. Just Part of this hobby.
Do you have the Spektrum Smart lipo testor??? You probably need it, if you are all in with the Smart Eco thing. It might shed some light..... Because it can read and program the Smart BattGo IC chip inside those Smart Lipos. Also known to fail. Usually causing charging anomolies/errors like this.

Last edited:
That supposed $Smart$ Spektrum Eco thing there, wants to keep you in the dark and stay Dumb. I would call Spektrum in regards. Their Manual is not all that.
I would have started with the mainstream dumb lipos and chargers. You wouldn't need to ask much . Just Look at the Internal Resistance and voltage of each cell to understand your lipo's condition. It's actually smarter done this way. That Smart lipo gear does not make it any safer. Never did. It's more for the lazy man or entices noobs that are not comfortable and scared of lipo's. It is just marketting that offers Smart telem and all. Useless fluff.
I've had one 6s Notorious fire that totaled out the whole rig. Been there. It happens. The risk is always there, sometimes not even from
user error. Just Part of this hobby.
Do you have the Spektrum Smart lipo testor??? You probably need it, if you are all in with the Smart Eco thing. It might shed some light..... Because it can read and program the Smart BattGo IC chip inside those Smart Lipos. Also known to fail. Usually causing charging anomolies/errors like this.

Yup all that Smart crap does is add more stuff that can go wrong.

But that being said where is @Senton_Prime hes rather fluent in these Spektrum chargers. Maybe he knows what to do.

Yes Sir @slick2500, 3 possible causes it will be..
Over charge
Over discharge
And over temp

And remember.. these are faults within the battery not the charger!! They occur when running your rig and are stored in its memory!! 💯
You can go into the "Smart Battery Settings", scroll down to "Fault Log", and enter to see all the fun details!!

If the charger has a fault it will let you know, proceed to follow the prompts it gives you to remedy the problem!! 😎

P.s.
Don't let these guys bug your ear, especially that @SrC guy.. Spektrum is where it's at!! 👊

Last edited:
Thank you.
Select “faults” in the alerts menu. It will be listed.

Where can I find the alerts menu?
Yes Sir @slick2500, 3 possible causes it will be..
Over charge
Over discharge
And over temp

And remember.. these are faults within the battery not the charger!! They occur when running your rig and are stored in its memory!! 💯
You can go into the "Smart Battery Settings", scroll down to "Fault Log", and enter to see all the fun details!!

If the charger has a fault it will let you know, proceed to follow the prompts it gives you to remedy the problem!! 😎

P.s.
Don't let these guys bug your ear, especially that @SrC guy.. Spektrum is where it's at!! 👊
Hey thanks for your insight. It says that the fault was due to high temperature. Do you think the batteries are safe?

Hey thanks for your insight. It says that the fault was due to high temperature. Do you think the batteries are safe?
They’re probably fine. As mentioned, check the IR for each cell and make sure the voltages are pretty close to one another. That gives a pretty good indication of the condition of the battery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back