What Gearing For Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunreaper

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I have a new limitless with a spektrum 160 smart ESC and 1250kv motor. Currently have 27 pinion and 34 spur. I am not doing high speed passes or drag racing but I want to know what gear would be good for a large parking lot racing?

I have a new limitless with a spektrum 160 smart ESC and 1250kv motor. Currently have 27 pinion and 34 spur. I am not doing high speed passes or drag racing but I want to know what gear would be good for a large parking lot racing?
I just picked up a 30T pinion. I’m gonna run that to see what it does

For racing you can maybe try a 27t Pinion and 46t Spur, try and keep heat down with the motor and ESC for longer drive times. I feel that could work as I have a 1650kv motor with that same gearing setup and doesn't seem to get to hot for me. You may have to play around with different setups. ?

Are you running 6S?
Yes 6s.
When you use the brake does it lock up the wheels? Asking because mine doesn't seem to have much braking at all. I've set the ESC to 100% braking. Thought maybe it was my gearing

Does your infraction brake good or just kinda slow it to a stop? I don't have much brake force
It brakes well. The blx system can go to 50% but with the firma it can go a lot higher (100% I think). I set my brakes to 63-67%? I don’t recall ??‍♂️

now I’m using the xmaxx 8s esc my brakes are 100%

I want to run the TP4050-CM in my Limitless for speed runs. I’m not sure of the gearing that would be optimal. Any suggestions?

For racing you can maybe try a 27t Pinion and 46t Spur, try and keep heat down with the motor and ESC for longer drive times. I feel that could work as I have a 1650kv motor with that same gearing setup and doesn't seem to get to hot for me. You may have to play around with different setups. ?
What's your top speed with 27/46

I want to run the TP4050-CM in my Limitless for speed runs. I’m not sure of the gearing that would be optimal. Any suggestions?
Start your own thread after getting your post count up and we can help you out.
We would need to know all the mods to your limitless and the KV of this TP motor.

I just picked up a 30T pinion. I’m gonna run that to see what it does
I’m new to a speed running, my questions are for my limitless v2 and infraction v1 I was thinking on using a 160amp spectrum esc and a 1100kv spectrum motor. I’m wondering on what kind of pinion and spur I can use?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back