What motors for 8s on a Max 6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to try my max 6/4985 and install some Boca bearings and try it in the X-Maxx but I think that will be a bit too much for the can
I bet the motor will handle it better than the esc! I saw someone put a castle 1717 1650kv combo in an xrt and thought they were crazy 🤣
I have high expectations for the max6 g2 though. I agree the mmx8s doesn't get enough attention, but it's also basicly double the price.
Double?? The MMX8S is only 50$ more and worth every penny 😊 that's how I ended up with so many xlx2 though. It's only 50$ more than the MMX8S 🤣

I bet the motor will handle it better than the esc! I saw someone put a castle 1717 1650kv combo in an xrt and thought they were crazy 🤣

Double?? The MMX8S is only 50$ more and worth every penny 😊 that's how I ended up with so many xlx2 though. It's only 50$ more than the MMX8S 🤣
In Europe a mmx8s costs €265, a max 6 only 140-150€ (xlx2 =315€)
In the north america region chinese parts seem to be more expensive and local parts cheaper.

I’m pretty sure my next ESC purchase will be an MMX8S.
It’s a fantastic ESC. Blows the Max6 out of the water in power, temps, and smoothness of power delivery. And it cogs quite a bit less than a Max5 even with the same motor.

I guess this is outside my realm.. I had a max6/4092 in my Mojo for a bit but took it out as I didn't like the added weight's effect on handling.. guess I'll be hanging out in right field by myself here..🤷‍♂️😉🤣🤣
I’m running that exact same combo in my Mojave and it tears the ground up plenty.The Mojave has small tires so I find it don’t take as much as a Kraton or XL Kraton. They are big but not that heavy. All depends on what you want though. Running 8s on the 6s platform adds too much weight and makes the trucks cumbersome. More prone to breaking. JMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back