Senton What parts to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIGG006

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
So I'm super new to all this, and I just want to know what I should buy to upgrade my senton 3s? I've had the truck 2 weeks now and so far I've shredded a tire and broke a front axle. The tire I just replaced with another oem tire. I'm just wondering it I should do the same with the axles or is there a way better option out there? And while I'm at it should I be doing A-arms, shocks, steering linkages?

Tony

a67b96489448c46da7cd4855b7d26514dc4cb41e18eb9ca641a96feafab44ab6_1.jpg

Seriously, the HR bellcrank or its similar knockoffs is a good start. Improves steering and stability. The HR ball set improves link "play". The RPM suspension arms last longer than stock. If you do on road driving, get some Hoons or GRPs. If offroad, try to get BELTED tires and you won't have to trim so much off your body.
This hobby is healthy. Already you are losing weight!

*in your wallet. 😆
Also, if you decide to replace the 4 driveshafts, I'd advise AGAINST Hot Racing or GPMs. Been there and found the Armma HD cvds MUCH better. Hell, honest to God, a PAPERCLIP held up longer in my HR cvds after its "hardened steel pins" broke. No one can make a statement like that up.
16576655578537360943466630732442.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, so just some clarification I'm not racing, just bashing around the house and up at the lake at our 5th wheel. So I don't need to get crazy but steering upgrades would be great for control, I have a hard time keeping it straight 😄😄

In no particular order, I could go on and on!!😎
1. Servo
2. Servo saver
3. Tie rod set
4. Shocks
5. Motor fan
6. Rx/TX
7. Wheel hex's
8. Tires
9. TL wheel axle screws
10. Bearings (all around)
11. Motor bearings
12. Diff oil
So my servo went out. Which one should I buy for my senton 3s?

Save a few bucks and go ds3225. You’ll need a kimborough servo saver to match the tooth count.

I’d buy a second rig to drive when another breaks to use during downtime. That being said, keep it as stock as possible, minus the stock tires. Those are junk in terms of longevity.

Ensure your shocks and diffs are filled. Properly set the slipper, perfect your pinion mesh and drive. I bought rpm’s arms and have not installed them after a year of having them. Once you get used to the rig and stop making it cartwheel, you’ll break fewer things.

Difficulties with steering control is hard to diagnose: could be the diff off-loading to one wheel not the other, could be the servo-saver, could be slop in the linkages, could be the tires ballooning at higher speeds. If you're looking to improve steering control, my first suggestion would be to start by upgrading to different linkages in the steering and suspension and getting a better servo saver. The 3s line typically develops enough slop that it starts to affect steering. I think those linkages and a new/stiffer servo saver are going to be your best bang for buck ways to improve steering.

And the extra Speed of the new Pro version is appreciated when needed !;)
Haven't seen the Pro version but as for speed, I turn mine down alot usually. One of my first runs with the 3s Senton ended HORRIBLY when I tried turning while going full throttle. Watched it cartwheel 80 feet onto a main road. Never ran so hard in my life and I'm too old for that sh1t now. 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back