Mojave What replacement parts that breaks the most I should stock up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC newbie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
The first part I broke was Front Lower arm, curb did that :D, did order that.
As far as I know the next most part that breaks very often is Body Mount.
Any other suggestions for part I should order?

Thanks!

Welcome to AF.
User error in the beginning will drive you crazy. What parts to keep on hand etc. But as you get better with driving, you will have less parts breaking. These rigs were never meant to hit walls, trees curbs etc. If more space needed find a better place to bash that is less confined. Hitting things breaks parts:cool:

yeah, first car I had around 17 years ago, it was Tamiya Nitro, did break it quite quick. But I dint realize how powerful is nowadays Battery powered cars, I guess 6s is too fast for the first car :), but never mind, i'm sure ill get better at this!

The Mojave is considered a very stout RC rig as Arrmas go. don't forget that you can run 4S in Mojave also. I do that from time to time in all my 6S rigs. The fun factor will surprise you. You will find yourself in better control, you will feel more confident and even forget that its only running 4S. Trust me.:cool:

Yep that equals 4S comparable power. Have a Mojave and when my son drives it I put it on 75% but he wants to drive it @ 100% on 6S ?. (He manages it quite well)

But I don’t like the braking power of 75% dualrate. I find that it’s not breaking that good on 75% compared to the 100%. This is due the throttle isn’t pushed all the way to brake, it’s just 75%.

So I just use 4S LIPO or the 6S LIPOs instead of the throttle percentage.

Yep that equals 4S comparable power. Have a Mojave and when my son drives it I put it on 75% but he wants to drive it @ 100% on 6S ?. (He manages it quite well)

But I don’t like the braking power of 75% dualrate. I find that it’s not breaking that good on 75% compared to the 100%. This is due the throttle isn’t pushed all the way to brake, it’s just 75%.

So I just use 4S LIPO or the 6S LIPOs instead of the throttle percentage.

Oh, I see, that's why it doesn't want to stop when on 50%, it's still a lot to learn for me. I will get 4s next time. And I bet your son is a million times better than me :D

Oh, I see, that's why it doesn't want to stop when on 50%, it's still a lot to learn for me. I will get 4s next time. And I bet your son is a million times better than me :D

Yep that’s due to the 50% braking power. It won’t stop when you need it.

Haha, he’s nine years old but sometimes he thinks he’s RichDuperdash or Kevin Talbot ?. (And we go to a recreational area where there’s a lot of space so we don’t drive into unmovable objects like trees and sort)

Get a couple of cheap 4S lipo’s on Amazon. Avonic 6S 4000mAh, paid €99 for 2 and the Zeee 4S 5200mAh for €40 a piece. gensacearespammers bashing series are good also but pricier.

Get a feel of the car On 4S and when you are confident enough ramp it to 6S. But you keep the braking power ?

Last edited:
Yep that’s due to the 50% braking power. It won’t stop when you need it.

Haha, he’s nine years old but sometimes he thinks he’s RichSuperdash or Kevin Talbot ?. (And we go to a recreational area where there’s a lot of space so we don’t drive into unmovable objects like trees and sort)

Get a couple of cheap 4S lipo’s on Amazon. Avonic 6S 4000mAh, paid €99 for 2 and the Zeee 4S 5200mAh for €40 a piece. gensacearespammers bashing series are good also but pricier.

Get a feel of the car On 4S and when you are confident enough ramp it to 6S. But you keep the braking power ?

Thanks for advise! Will get couple of 4s. Good one- Kevin Talbot :D

Im sorry, but I hate the STX2. It sits on my shelf. Will never see any of my rigs. That 50-75-10% TH gimmick is horrible. Braking sucks below 100%. Poor brakes equals carnage. Among other signal issues and inferior input latency. HH knows this radio is Junk too. Run always at 100% if you like that radio so much and run 4S or 6S as needed. Even my 10 yo didn't like that radio before I said anything about it. First thing he said was "I have no brakes daddy". :LOL:

Last edited:
Im sorry, but I hate the STX2. It sits on my shelf. Will never see any of my rigs. That 50-75-10% TH gimmick is horrible. Braking sucks below 100%. Poor brakes equals carnage. Among other signal issues and inferior input latency. HH knows this radio is Junk too. Run always at 100% if you like that radio so much and run 4S or 6S as needed. Even my 10 yo didn't like that radio before I said anything about it. First thing he said was "I have no brakes daddy". :LOL:

I don't quite like it too, response is bad.
What you think about dx3 for the price?

Please don't make the mistake of thinking the STX3 is any better. I wanted to make that clear that up as others have had HH send them this thinking there is an improvement. Not. Its the same as the STX2, but with an extra 3rd channel and a Rubber grip wheel. That's all.
If looking for a decent budget radio, there are many options out there that are very good. Absolutely any other radio is going to be leaps and bounds better Search AF. There is much on this topic. Spektrum makes decent radio sets but the good ones start at $100.00+. I like my Spektrum DX5C. Controls up to 20 models with memory. The Tactic TTX300 originally was the Included radio for most Arrma rigs until HH/Arrma switched to the STX2 to keep the price point low. Search and shop prices for this basic Tactic radio (a H.H. brand), a dependable basic radio. But other decent budget brands to look at include RadioLink and Flysky. DX3 has decent reviews. But I would only look at the DX5C and above models. The DX3 still has that TH lim. nonsense. The feel of its ergonomics is poor in my opinion just like the STX's are. Its not worth the coin. In the end its your call. :cool:

Last edited:
Arh.... thats why my Mojave don't have any brakes.
I am running at 75% because my backyard is to small for running it at 100%

The Mojave is an AWESOME rig and deserves a better radio.
The TH limiter gimmick is a crutch for those new to the RC world. It simply doesn't work. TH finger is what you need to control speed and power, not a stupid button...and the resulting poor brakes. Run 4S as needed based on size of terrain try gearing down to limit speed. Thats how RC'ers do this(y):cool:

Please don't make the mistake of thinking the STX3 is any better. I wanted to make that clear that up as others have had HH send them this thinking there is an improvement. Not. Its the same as the STX2, but with an extra 3rd channel and a Rubber grip wheel. That's all.
If looking for a decent budget radio, there are many options out there that are very good. Absolutely any other radio is going to be leaps and bounds better Search AF. There is much on this topic. Spektrum makes decent radio sets but the good ones start at $100.00+. I like my Spektrum DX5C. Controls up to 20 models with memory. The Tactic TTX300 originally was the Included radio for most Arrma rigs until HH/Arrma switched to the STX2 to keep the price point low. Search and shop prices for this basic Tactic radio (a H.H. brand), a dependable basic radio. But other decent budget brands to look at include RadioLink and Flysky. DX3 has decent reviews. But I would only look at the DX5C and above models. The DX3 still has that TH lim. nonsense. The feel of its ergonomics is poor in my opinion just like the STX's are. Its not worth the coin. In the end its your call. :cool:
Thanks for advise, will keep in mind!

The Mojave is an AWESOME rig and deserves a better radio.
The TH limiter gimmick is a crutch for those new to the RC world. It simply doesn't work. TH finger is what you need to control speed and power, not a stupid button...and the resulting poor brakes. Run 4S as needed based on size of terrain try gearing down to limit speed. Thats how RC'ers do this(y):cool:
Yes it is a awesome rig.
I have already phurchased a new radio, but I havnet have time for installing it in my Mojave yet.
Maybee I should also buy some 4S for running in my backyard.
Thanks

Absolutely have 4S on hand. It will build confidence and driving skills, you will probably break less, and you may even forget you are running a 4S . I do this also depending where and how much space I am confined to where I will bash.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back