Kraton What size bearings to use in the bellcrank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just FYI...Fast Eddy includes 4 of the bearings for the bellcrank posts in the Outcast kit

I had bought my Kraton with a Avid bearing kit installed already. I did however order a spare Avid kit and just compared it to the Fast Eddy kit and they are both the same. So I am needing only the Ackerman bearings then :)

I agree, I also have a lot of extra diff shims, as my V3 Kraton diffs also did not really need shimming, although I haven't checked my V3 Talion diffs yet. Following the diff videos, I tried adding (2), then just (1) 5x18 shims to the larger sun gears, and also tried adding (1) 3.5x12x.2mm shim to each side of the planetary gears, but no matter what I tried, diffs were too tight. After countless dry fits, however, I did end up changing the (4) stock 3.5x12x.15mm shims to (4) .20mm thick shims, which seems to work well and diffs still turned smoothly. This kept gears even each side and only added .1mm thickness, just enough to tighten them up a bit more for handling 6S power. Anyways, so far diffs working great after doing this.

Ok, you used the 3.5x12 washers. I thought to shim the up and down play on the bellcrank would be the same size as the bearings or even a bit larger O.D. would work (6x10-6x12mm). I have not yet removed my aluminum top plate yet to shim & replace the stock bushings with bearings, so the steering posts must be a smaller diameter at the top (not 6mm, but only 3mm)? I gather the shims would be the same I.D. as the two 3mm screws which holds the aluminum top plate onto the bellcrank, as you're really shimming between the top plate and the bellcrank.

Alright gents I just double checked my box of stuffs and I have no idea what shims they were or where they came from, but they were not the washers out of the Mugen diff washer kit.

Last edited:
I had bought my Kraton with a Avid bearing kit installed already. I did however order a spare Avid kit and just compared it to the Fast Eddy kit and they are both the same. So I am needing only the Ackerman bearings then :)
Idk if anyone makes a bearing that size, fast eddy started a thread a while back asking about the dimensions of the bushings in there but I'm not sure what ever came of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back