Fireteam What batteries do you use to in order to get to 8s on your Fireteam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Gorgon
  4. Granite
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
Hi All,

I am running a castle 1717 motor with a Mamba Monster X 8s esc. I have it geared so it does about 48mph on grass with Backflip 6s tires when I run a 6s 9500mah pack (probably too large a pack - will move down to a 6s 5000 mah pack I think).

I'd like to run 8s (motor is only 1200kv, so should work fine), but I'm not finding a proper set of batteries to make this work. I tried test fitting two regular 4s bricks (150x50x50mm, roughly standard size) and of course, those don't fit in the battery tray due to height. Also, it just seems like way too much battery overall.

What are you all running for 8s on the fireteam/mojave? My ideal setup would be packs that are roughly 170mm in length (quite a bit longer than a standard brick), 50mm wide (that's the stock width for the battery tray) and maybe 30mm tall. Stacking two of them on top of one another would still fit in the stock tray with a 5-10mm to spare.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Hi All,

I am running a castle 1717 motor with a Mamba Monster X 8s esc. I have it geared so it does about 48mph on grass with Backflip 6s tires when I run a 6s 9500mah pack (probably too large a pack - will move down to a 6s 5000 mah pack I think).

I'd like to run 8s (motor is only 1200kv, so should work fine), but I'm not finding a proper set of batteries to make this work. I tried test fitting two regular 4s bricks (150x50x50mm, roughly standard size) and of course, those don't fit in the battery tray due to height. Also, it just seems like way too much battery overall.

What are you all running for 8s on the fireteam/mojave? My ideal setup would be packs that are roughly 170mm in length (quite a bit longer than a standard brick), 50mm wide (that's the stock width for the battery tray) and maybe 30mm tall. Stacking two of them on top of one another would still fit in the stock tray with a 5-10mm to spare.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
I’ve tried to get the same information on here. I ran into the same problem as you.
People say they run 8s but never explain how to get that in a single battery tray. 8s don’t do any good if the truck is weighted down on one side or won’t run 3 minutes 😁🤷😀

Most running 8s aren't using stock trays, let alone single, stock trays.. u should find that the 4s Spektrum packs will fit into those setups, and your right, its prolly a little lob sided I'd say!! 🤣

If height is the problem you can remove the sliding top. If you don't want to do that there is a notch on the other side that limits the height. You can trim that if you want.

1699215500107.png

Last edited:
duct tape them together and hope they don't fly out (they always fly out)

Any thoughts on these 4000mah 4s packs? Two of them together should be (barely) sufficient in terms of capacity:

https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...7&_fid=4e025f44a&_ss=c&variant=42646831300822
I wouldn't be confident in those to run an 8s Fireteam. Do at least 5000mah and pick a couple from the CNHL Racing line. The 5200 90 or 120C should be great. The discharge C ratings are generally inflated, and those 4000mah black are 65C. So 65 * 4A is only 260 amps, which isn't likely to be realistic. You will likely be pushing the limits of those batteries to a point that they could puff with 8s Fireteam. Best case scenario you get severe voltage drop and ripple, worst case scenario the batteries fail.

I run two 4S HRB 4500mah 100C packs stacked up in the stock tray. Soft packs but I only run 8S on road anyway so it’s not too big of a concern to me. The XT60 plugs are slightly concerning but I’ve run full packs start to finish without the plugs heating up at all. I’ll swap them out for XT90 eventually I think. Can’t speak for off road function, as I’ve only run the 8S setup on the street with Sweep VHT Crusher tires. And a significantly lighter body! Running 20/50 gears on the 1650kv.
IMG_0376.jpeg
IMG_0377.jpeg
IMG_0378.jpeg

I haven’t used these but they’re about the size of a 3S battery.

Zeee Premium Series 4S Lipo Battery 5200mAh LCG Hard Case Batttery Height 37mm 14.8V 120C with EC5 Connector for RC Car Truck Tank RC Buggy Truggy Racing Models (2 Pack) https://a.co/d/cNgraZU

I have the 3s Premium LCG zeee and they are in the top 3 worst batteries I've ever bought. They are very much crawler focused over basher. The resistance is obscenely bad. Like 35 milliohms a cell bad.

I have the 3s Premium LCG zeee and they are in the top 3 worst batteries I've ever bought. They are very much crawler focused over basher. The resistance is obscenely bad. Like 35 milliohms a cell bad.
I agree I bought a pair of these and one poop the bed within 4 charges.

IMG_0832.jpeg

Triple strapped 4AH cnhl G+ 14.8V, not sure if they’re offered anymore however.

XLWB rear tray position

Strictly top speed/acceleration testing and now with the logging of M6G2 curiousity, only reason I'd bash with 8S is if you had a low KV motor that was accidently severely under geared for 6S. Punch level/throttle control is key if you want the little diameter round stock within the drivetrain to have a chance at survival.

So I put a Hot racing battery tray in my Talion XL had to drill 2 new holes to make it fit. But I can strap 2x15000MAH 3s of these in there https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09CMNKB85/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in there after raising the body.

Out side of that the gensacearespammers basher pro packs in 3s that were made to fit the 6s arrma line are only 32MM tall so 2x 32mm 4s should fit. just stay under that 48x32 and you should get them to fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back