Infraction What spool and drive shafts are you guys running ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big fan of Joe Diaz spools myself. I have two different sets of drive shafts. I have the Perfect Pass v2 CF shafts and a set of Island Hobby Nut iRonMan 10mm Ti shafts. They're both good though I prefer the Perfect Pass myself. They're really light and run perfectly concentric. I've never been a fan of Pinocchio spools, but I don't have a reason I can articulate as to why. I'm sure the Flopack spools are a good piece of kit and you wouldn't be going wrong with them.

I'm running a Scorched pinocchio setup in my drag Infraction. I was going to go with a Flopack but I have a ton of other Scorched stuff on this build and figured I'd keep the theme going... if you do get the Flopack, keep us posted how you like it

I also have a bunch of the scorched stuff and kinda felt weird about not using their setup. Just wondering if some are built more for drag/top speed than others.
I like how the longer spools add some balance to the shafts and create less vibration.

I'm running a Scorched pinocchio setup in my drag Infraction. I was going to go with a Flopack but I have a ton of other Scorched stuff on this build and figured I'd keep the theme going... if you do get the Flopack, keep us posted how you like it

I went with the Pinocchio setup incase I ever decide to transition from dragging to speed running, seems like all the successful speed run guys use some variation of a pinocchio style spool
I also have a bunch of the scorched stuff and kinda felt weird about not using their setup. Just wondering if some are built more for drag/top speed than others.
I like how the longer spools add some balance to the shafts and create less vibration.
I just checked your build thread, we have VERY similar builds going lol... I've got a 2200kv cm motor but otherwise they look to be the same.. I'm running scorched spools in the diffs as well, figured it was only fitting to run their center spool too

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back