Grom Whats everybody doing for brushless in the grom, need ideas.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BFG - Big Foot Grom, by Mr. @StephenSchandelmayer >>

1704215940890.png

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx185-and-a-540-motor-in-the-little-grom-😈.66116/

*some modification required lol
IMG_1489.jpeg

IMG_1488.jpeg

Gonna be honest, it’s totally mental. You can’t use anywhere near full throttle without a violent wheelie at any speed, and packaging this setup in this truck is very tight.
IMG_1502.jpeg

Because like everyone else, I just cant leave anything stock 🤣 Since all my other rigs have Castle ESC's, most likely going with the Mamba X Micro for this little beast. So many different motor options to choose from, but what are y'all's thoughts on the Castle 1/18 motors? 4100KV or 5300KV? Hobbywing Quickrun? 4500KV/6500? I think both motors are solid options, and am guessing the 4000-4500 KV range is about right for these Groms... without going full ludicrous? The above mentioned Firma motor/esc it tempting as well to keep things compact and nice and tidy. Oh, what to do, what to do....

XJeepguy and FredW90, definitely been following your threads, very clean and tidy builds for sure. That is impressive speed Fred, why am I thinking of a mosquito hopped up on coffee and Red Bull?? :ROFLMAO:

XJeepguy and FredW90, definitely been following your threads, very clean and tidy builds for sure. That is impressive speed Fred, why am I thinking of a mosquito hopped up on coffee and Red Bull?? :ROFLMAO:
Its tough to keep the front wheels down or control it at all for that matter. I’m debating aluminum parts just to increase the weight and maybe make it a little more stable.

I have the fluid filled diffs on the way. Haven’t had an issue with the stock diffs yet but I have only been zooming back and forth across the parking lot.

Back