Whats the difference in these two 4s V2/V2.5 120a ESC's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
Whats the difference in these two 4s V2/V2.5 120a ESC's? Shows the latest firmware update to both. Differences other than the color.

Screenshot_20240321_210903_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240321_210852_eBay.jpg

I'd say the firmware is definitely different. It's probably also the "only" difference. The orange & black esc firmware only went up to V. B.03. The black & gray esc appears to have an even higher more recent firmware version. What specific parameters are different between the 2 firmware versions? That I don't know.

I have both, just got the stealth one today and the firmware on it was newer than the orange one. I say was because they have both been updated to the latest version.

I have both, just got the stealth one today and the firmware on it was newer than the orange one. I say was because they have both been updated to the latest version.
Both work just fine?

Both work just fine?
The orange ones work perfectly (I did smoke one which is why I bought the stealth one to try out), I have not yet run the stealth one (video coming soon 😉) which I bought for my Infraction 3s to run 4s.

The long winded reply is because I heard there were issues with the stealth ones and I'm not sure if the firmware update I did solved that issue, if it was an entirely different issue, of if the issues were fixed prior to the sale of the one I bought (from Jenny's) shipping out in the rig they stripped it from. It did pass a bench test after my firmware update. If any of that makes sense.

I will report back once I run it this weekend. I also bought a 150a Spektrum esc that was reported to not work properly, it keeps restarting after a few minutes when running. When that one comes in I'm hoping the firmware updates will fix it, too.

The orange ones work perfectly (I did smoke one which is why I bought the stealth one to try out), I have not yet run the stealth one (video coming soon 😉) which I bought for my Infraction 3s to run 4s.

The long winded reply is because I heard there were issues with the stealth ones and I'm not sure if the firmware update I did solved that issue, if it was an entirely different issue, of if the issues were fixed prior to the sale of the one I bought (from Jenny's) shipping out in the rig they stripped it from. It did pass a bench test after my firmware update. If any of that makes sense.

I will report back once I run it this weekend. I also bought a 150a Spektrum esc that was reported to not work properly, it keeps restarting after a few minutes when running. When that one comes in I'm hoping the firmware updates will fix it, too.
Awesome, makes perfect sense, heard issues of the stealth ones as well, I bought the orange w/ the update for my Infraction 3s to go to 4s & take the 100a from it to put into my Senton 3s that has a burnt 100aBLX. Thanks man! I'll be looking for the vid!!

Awesome, makes perfect sense, heard issues of the stealth ones as well, I bought the orange w/ the update for my Infraction 3s to go to 4s & take the 100a from it to put into my Senton 3s that has a burnt 100aBLX. Thanks man! I'll be looking for the vid!!
Wow, that's the same thing I did. Put the 100a system into my Senton 😄

I was also looking at the two pictured at the top on ebay, but decided to go with jennys. I liked that those came with free shipping.

Wow, that's the same thing I did. Put the 100a system into my Senton 😄

I was also looking at the two pictured at the top on ebay, but decided to go with jennys. I liked that those came with free shipping.
That guy ships fast & knows RC stuff. I've bought a few RC items from him. He's also a dismantler like Jennys. He always answers my messages fast.
Cool, I hope to get my Senton back going soon. He had all the parts.

That guy ships fast & knows RC stuff. I've bought a few RC items from him. He's also a dismantler like Jennys. He always answers my messages fast.
Cool, I hope to get my Senton back going soon. He had all the parts.
Bro, I was looking for the videos I saw re what the issue was with the stealth (V2) Spektrum ESCs and oh boy. Seems they were causing nose dives mid throttle.

So I decided to check mine and it's doing this weird pulsing thing in the middle of the power band. Sent a note to the seller, awaiting a reply.

Last edited:
Bro, I was looking for the videos I saw re what the issue was with the stealth (V2) Spektrum ESCs and oh boy. Seems they were causing nose dives mid throttle.

So I decided to check mine and it's doing this weird pulsing thing in the middle of the power band. Sent a note to the seller, awaiting a reply.
I read somewhere on here & I wouldn't know if this is right or wrong but something about the LVC setting making that happen

Last edited:
Thanks! I don't think that's my issue. Let's see what Ted says. I'm glad for this thread bc I probably wouldn't have checked it properly before going out for my next speed run. Its only noticeable while running it in my lap 🤣

Here is what's happening.
Sure man! Least you got as much info as you can. Glad to help!

Back