Any difference in these motors ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chvy2nv

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
The used felony I picked up came with this Arrma 2050kv .. is this any different than what came in my Infraction V2 ?

FCA0C6E8-44C0-45AC-ADCB-3EEAD59897C7.jpeg

^^
+1
I have gotten a bad Spectrum motor with my Recent FT purchase out the box. HH sent me another one. It was noisy as heck, like it was literally a dying motor when hooked up to my Motor analyzer on the bench, and completely isolated from the Rigs drivetrain.
The Motor is the same IMHO as the older variant. 2050kv. Just a different "Can" , Many stated the older ones were better. I agree. Have many of them still in great running condition. I changed out the BB's to Ceramic Motor BB's when the OE's are on their way out. BLX motor should last for many years if maintained. But many guys eat them up fast, never opening them up until the Armature and BB's are Toast. Motor becomes Locked and bricked.(n)
I opened up the V2 motors and added a few drops of synthetic oil on the BB's They were dry. This is what usually kills these stocker motors early on IMHO. I also feel these cheap Armatures are poorly balanced. Add to that the cheap and Dry BB's, and this spells quick disaster if you don't lube the BB's out the box.
FWIW, my BLX motor analyzer shows these motors are not really 2050 KV's. They consistently read 1900-1960 KV's according to my Turnigy BLX motor analyzer on the bench. All my HW motors match or exceed Published Kv Specs by contrast. So QC is way off with the Spectrum/Arrma OE motors.

Edited.

Last edited:
My only blx 2050kv somewhat failed me. The magnet portion can slide on the shaft. The shaft moved foward and i had to move it to where it should with my vice. haven't run that motor ever since. The press fit isnt as tight anymore little metal shavings was found around the inside

^^^Yeah I've had that happen a few times also. I think hard impacts causes that. The arm. is technically toast at that point. Proper shimming should prevent that, but Arrma uses "spring" washer/shims that allow slight forward and aft armature movement. I feel for quicker production assy. at the factory. I usually replace those Arm. shims with brass Flat ones.
And those curved "spring washers" have cracked/splintered on me once, and let go into the magnets and chewed up the armature. Motor locked up. Bricked in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Thanks man.

It's probably better than the newer motor lol.
^^
+1
I have gotten a bad V2 Spectrum motor with my Recent FT purchase out the box. HH sent me another one. It was noisy as heck, like it was literally a dying motor when hooked up to my Motor analyzer on the bench, and completely isolated from the Rigs drivetrain.
The Motor is the same IMHO as the older variant. 2050kv. Just a different "Can" , Many stated the older ones were better. I agree. Have many of them still in great running condition. I changed out the BB's to Ceramic Motor BB's when the OE's are on their way out. BLX motor should last for many years if maintained. But many guys eat them up fast, never opening them up until the Armature and BB's are Toast. Motor becomes Locked and bricked.(n)
I opened up the V2 motors and added a few drops of synthetic oil on the BB's They were dry. This is what usually kills these stocker motors early on IMHO. I also feel these cheap Armatures are poorly balanced. Add to that the cheap and Dry BB's, and this spells quick disaster if you don't lube the BB's out the box.
FWIW, my BLX motor analyzer shows these motors are not really 2050 KV's. They consistently read 1900-1960 KV's according to my Turnigy BLX motor analyzer on the bench. All my HW motors match or exceed Published Kv Specs by contrast. So QC is way off with the Spectrum/Arrma OE motors.

Edited.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back