Any difference in 130A esc's from Jenny's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortekyteky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hi all,

Looking to buy a Spektrum 130A esc of Jenny's. I am going to be buying a 2800kv motor from the LMT bog hog as well. I am wondering if there is any difference between the esc's than come out of each model, programability, etc. For example, I can buy the 130A esc from 5 different trucks, should I get the esc from the LMT bog hog to match the motor, or does it matter at all.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Looking to buy a Spektrum 130A esc of Jenny's. I am going to be buying a 2800kv motor from the LMT bog hog as well. I am wondering if there is any difference between the esc's than come out of each model, programability, etc. For example, I can buy the 130A esc from 5 different trucks, should I get the esc from the LMT bog hog to match the motor, or does it matter at all.

Thanks.
As long as there the same esc there all the same not programmed differently per model they don’t touch the programing

Programming defaults are set differently for each model, but you can always change that. The full selection of programming is the same, since it's the same ESC. For example, drag brake on the axial ryft ESC is set to 20 or 30% because it is a rock bouncer. Whereas not for the LMT since it's not needed. Easy to change with the setup button, just Google "130a spektrum programming".

Programming defaults are set differently for each model, but you can always change that. The full selection of programming is the same, since it's the same ESC. For example, drag brake on the axial ryft ESC is set to 20 or 30% because it is a rock bouncer. Whereas not for the LMT since it's not needed. Easy to change with the setup button, just Google "130a spektrum programming".
Ok my old Ryft there was never any drag brake all my cars with that esc all had the same settings default

You might need a programming card: some of the 130A ESCs might come programmed for clockwise motor rotation, and some might be set up for counterclockwise motor rotation. It often depends on what vehicle they came out of. I have two of the 130A ESCs from Jennys: one is in an Infraction 3s, and the other is in a Typhon 3s. IIRC, I did have to change the motor rotation on one or both of them.

Ok my old Ryft there was never any drag brake all my cars with that esc all had the same settings default
Interesting.

I bought a Ryft ESC from jennys a long time ago for my Summit. When i first hooked everything up and ran it in the Summit, i thought something was broken or gear mesh was bad. Once i went into the setting using the old fashion "beeps" and setup button, i found out drag brake was set to 20%, just like the Ryft manual says.
1684844402259.png

But that's just the defaults the Ryft ESC would come set with as RTR. The full suite of options is the same as the stock packaged ESC. Not sure why the Ryft manual says it has the option to select 6s. That's incorrect.

1684844567352.png

What i'm not sure about is whether doing a factory reset on a Ryft ESC would default the programming options to the "Ryft default" or stock ESC defaults.

I’ve had 3 since 2021 that I bought off Jenny’s and all have worked flawlessly. They’ve been through some abuse too.

This may not apply to the 130A ESC but didn't some retail box versions of the Spektrum ESC's have additional programming options?

You might need a programming card: some of the 130A ESCs might come programmed for clockwise motor rotation, and some might be set up for counterclockwise motor rotation. It often depends on what vehicle they came out of. I have two of the 130A ESCs from Jennys: one is in an Infraction 3s, and the other is in a Typhon 3s. IIRC, I did have to change the motor rotation on one or both of them.
thanks already got myself one of those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back