What's the go-to place for 3D printers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're willing to spend the cash, the bamboo labs x1 or p1p is a great printer. my family uses them to make internet devices. theyre great! we had a BUNCH of ender 3s, (we don't have them anymore) and they weren't the best. if you want a cheaper printer, the creality CR6 is pretty good as well. the CR6 runs about 400$ (i think?) the bamboo labs X1 is around 1000$. the bamboo labs P1P is about 600$-700$.

Say someone wanted to buy a 3D printer for an upcoming event.... where is the best place to buy one?

Thinking maybe a Creality Ender-3 V3 SE or a Ender-3 S1 Pro 3D Printer.
I got my s1 pro from Amazon, but looking to get more serious and add an X1 carbon to the table.

Please consider a Bambu Labs P1S (it's the latest model) with AMS combo would be Extra Sweet.
$699 by itself
or
$999 with AMS

But, a Bambu Labs X1 Carbon with AMS*** combo is a Must if you're looking for Serious 3D printing and go Full Bore. $1449

If you have to get Creality ,then please consider the K1 or K1 Max.

IF you must insist between Creality Ender-3 V3 SE or a Ender-3 S1 Pro ,I would strongly suggest you go with a E3 S1 Pro (from personal experience with just the E3 S1 Basic.. it's worth it to go to the Pro.)
Maybe even consider adding in the Sonic Pad to make it somewhat "more productive".

To source any of these printers, I would look to see if there's a Microcenter near you ,so you can test drive & see these printers in action ,in person. Plus they usually have sales or discounts.

Or, you can have me purchase them for you at MY local Microcenter just 15 minutes from me (I simply ask for -business credit card) and I know they have these printers in stock..
I know the manager. ;)

***AMS - Automatic Materials System
https://us.store.bambulab.com/products/ams-multicolor-printing

In simple terms, it basically makes the printer much more efficient if you tend to print in multiple colors or filament types, because it allows you to have 4 different filaments loaded at once and it will automatically switch between them for you during printing process without needing you to manually do it.

In fact, you can daisey-chain up to 3 More AMS's together and have a TOTAL of 16 different filament types to ONE printer! ALL automatically able to switch between the different spools ,by itself!!

Last edited:
Just had a loooong conversation with my best friend who owns his own 3D biz. He said he hates Crealty. Told me to get the SVO6 PLUS. He's ordering another 20 on Monday. Told me it's about 30 min from unboxing to printing. They have been workhorses for him. You can get them on Amazon which I like because of the easy return process.

I like my Ender 3 s1, non pro. I start the print and walk away. Its a good starter to decide if its a hobby that you will be able to get into.

My experiences with Creality products have been far less than wonderful throughout the years.

I would strongly recommend the Bambu Lab P1S (or X1C with AMS if you have the scratch).
I got my s1 pro from Amazon, but looking to get more serious and add an X1 carbon to the table.
I couldn’t get my S1Pro to run right with the Sonic Pad. My X1C ran right of the box and have had zero issues since last December.

My experiences with Creality products have been far less than wonderful throughout the years.

I would strongly recommend the Bambu Lab P1S (or X1C with AMS if you have the scratch).

I couldn’t get my S1Pro to run right with the Sonic Pad. My X1C ran right of the box and have had zero issues since last December.

I would like to experience that kind of operation from a 3D printer ,perhaps one of these days..
(I'll keep dreaming.)

I would like to experience that kind of operation from a 3D printer ,perhaps one of these days..
(I'll keep dreaming.)
Well.. to be totally fair, the S1Pro costs roughly 1/5th of what the X1C costs. Money well spent though IMHO.

My S1 pro is good but definitely not perfect. I haven't gone the Sonic pad route because I want to keep the option open of using the laser accessory and I don't think you can once you change the firmware to run clipper.

The Ender 3 V3's seem like a good value at $220 but I am wondering if its worth the extra coin for the S1.

Saw this pop up as well:

https://www.creality.com/products/creality-ender-3-v3-ke

Lots of models, I have fought so hard to keep the E3Pro running I am hoping their new models do not require as much tweaking.

No!

After looking at the new Design & Specs for this E3V3

WOW!!!
They pushed the capabilities up by quite a bit.
It's actually BETTER than the S1..

NICE specs!!! >>

• Bi-Metal heatbreak
  • 60W CERAMIC heater
  • Upgraded "Sprite" Direct Drive Extruder
  • Dual Cooling fans
  • X-axis Linear Rail
  • Dual Linear shafts on Y-axis
  • Dual Z-axis Lead screws
  • Smart self-test for Z-Offset And Auto leveling
  • Touchscreen

I'm Very impressed. 😲

Last edited:
The Ender 3 V3's seem like a good value at $220 but I am wondering if its worth the extra coin for the S1.

Saw this pop up as well:

https://www.creality.com/products/creality-ender-3-v3-ke

Lots of models, I have fought so hard to keep the E3Pro running I am hoping their new models do not require as much tweaking.
Get away from Crealtiy. My oldest friend has a VERY successful business and when I asked him what to buy he told me to buy a Sovol SV06 pus. It's a workhorse and has been easy to setup. Same friend hates Creality and he's the one that told me not to buy one. No hate on Ender users but I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

Get away from Crealtiy. My oldest friend has a VERY successful business and when I asked him what to buy he told me to buy a Sovol SV06 pus. It's a workhorse and has been easy to setup. Same friend hates Creality and he's the one that told me not to buy one. No hate on Ender users but I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.

No doubt they are fine printers and your buddy knows his business.

But the new specs and capabilities on THIS little printer is quite respectable for the $220 price point ,Extreme value for what you're getting.

I can't believe it's that cheap!!

But the new specs and capabilities on THIS little printer is quite respectable for the $220 price point ,Extreme value for what you're getting.

For sure. I don't know crap about 3d printing. Just trying to pass it on. He also has a bunch of Bambu printers, so there's that. I still order from him because he has the best files for what I want.

Am I the only one getting 270$ on the link? But yeah, still. Really good price.

To me it looks like t E3 V3 is really similar to the Sovol V6. I printed PA-CF on a Sovol V6, and it worked like a charm for really small pieces. But for the larger ones I used Bambu Lab X1C.
All 3 printers have auto level, I'm not sure if the knobs on the bed has been removed on the E3 V3 as well? Perfect first layer on all printers.
With 300°C on hotels you can print most materials, and if you need a chamber for the ender 3, use the box the outcast 1/5 or similar came in. (we all have one right? 🤣🤷)

Printing is so much easier for the hobbyist now compared to 5 years ago when I first got started with a "budget" printer for 500$ 🙄 I don't have that one anymore, was a 70% chance that it would complete my part...

A lot of people in the 3d printer community hates the ender 3 for xyz reason. Theres a lot of competition nawadays. Sovol is great fokoos also(went bankeupt) theres some others too. I bought my 3d printers from amazon

Back