What's the go-to place for 3D printers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anycubic Kobra 2 series. A lot of value for money. High printing speeds. The step up from the Anycubic Mega series is enormous.

Printing is not the frustrating mess is used to be 2-3 years ago. Parts don't come off the plattform. Autoleveling works. Printing times down massive. Former 10 hour prints are done in 2 - 3 hours. Those two day prints (failure towards end experiences) are to 20% of the time. Slicers have become a lot better. Support structures in slicers have become really well and also come off easily from the print.

Last edited:
bambo labs anyone?

Hunger causes grumpiness...
Ball Rolling GIF

Angry Kung Fu Panda GIF

happy panda GIF

I need me some china Bambu..

On a side note, if I was to buy a printer for myself - what do you guys think about the Bambu Lab P1P for a first timer?

Get the P1S with AMS instead.

It's the Upgraded version of the old P1P with all the latest features.

I see a teaser for Bambu Labs for Black Friday but not sure on the details. :unsure:

I was hoping to secure a decent direct drive extruder printer that can do ABS/TPU and some other filaments for under $300. The new Ender-3 V3 KE caught my eye.

I see a teaser for Bambu Labs for Black Friday but not sure on the details. :unsure:

I was hoping to secure a decent direct drive extruder printer that can do ABS/TPU and some other filaments for under $300. The new Ender-3 V3 KE caught my eye.

That printer seems to be an Even more stripped down version of the regular Enders...
Built very different than all the previous Ender's so it's basically on its own when it comes to all the mods and tweaks that has come before it.

Y-axis motor is tucked/encased in the bottom chassis.. Not a good idea in my opinion. It's usually the motor that gets the hottest, especially when you go up in print speed.

X-axis motor is pivoted inward.. Which will get in the way If you ever decide to add any cable chains/guides or any other mods to the X gantry.

Z-axis Only uses ONE motor.. with a timing belt.

Just some of my observations.

Last edited:
On a side note, if I was to buy a printer for myself - what do you guys think about the Bambu Lab P1P for a first timer?
I'd go for something small. Find out if you like printing at all. Learning curves can be frustrating at times. Once you know what you like and not you're more able to really discern what you need.

If you don't print ABS you don't need a heat box around the printer. No need to pay for it if you don't need it. We also don't know what kinds of filaments are coming out within the next two or three years and if they are so much better and if currents printers are hot enough or not to print them.

If you mostly print LW-PLA you don't need a fast printer as that needs to be printed slow. Same with TPU (ideal for RC cars). It can not be printed fast. PLA can be printed pretty fast but is too brittle for most rc applications. A small Anycubic or Enders should do most jobs for rc cars. If you print aeroplanes have a bed not smaller than 300x300. And if you print aeroplanes and want more than one printer then buy the same printer again. So you know the parts are printed the same size. Not all step calibration on printers is too exact. (Figured that out the hard way when parts did not fit). So it makes sense to use same printer types for larger LW-PLA volumes. If you print LW-PLA aeroplanes know that colours do not come out the same on the same type of printer. Makes sense to print fuselages on one printer to get the color right.

Last edited:
That printer seems to be an Even more stripped down version of the regular Enders...
Built very different than all the previous Ender's so it's basically on its own when it comes to all the mods and tweaks that has come before it.

Y-axis motor is tucked/encased in the bottom chassis.. Not a good idea in my opinion. It's usually the motor that gets the hottest, especially when you go up in print speed.

X-axis motor is pivoted inward.. Which will get in the way If you ever decide to add any cable chains/guides or any other mods to the X gantry.

Z-axis Only uses ONE motor.. with a timing belt.

Just some of my observations.
Hmmm? Thoughts on this one?

https://www.newegg.com/p/288-0092-00077

Is that for a Brand New unit!?

For having Klipper built-in
Higher print Speed ~500mm/s!
Higher nozzle temps 300° from the factory
Better parts Cooling - Dual 4010s Nice!
Large auxiliary Cooling fans 4X 4020s!
Dual Zone
bed heating
Dual LED lights
Nice & big Touchscreen, that's removable

That's a fantastic price on the Neptune 4 PRO

I've been looking at one Hard on eBay..
I may have to get it on Newegg instead.

The only thing I didn't see on this listing is the PRO model suppose to have Metal Linear Rails on both the X and Y axis... The photos shows the base models plastic rollers instead.
So I'm not sure if that's just because someone was being lazy and using the wrong photos or what..

I been Modding & dickering with my Ender 3 S1 trying to up its Speed & Reliability for several months now...

I think I may just get this Elegoo model and be done with all that.
and let my E3S1 alone.

Dual Zone
bed heating
Dual LED lights

The only thing I didn't see on this listing is the PRO model suppose to have Metal Linear Rails on both the X and Y axis... The photos shows the base models plastic rollers instead.
So I'm not sure if that's just because someone was being lazy and using the wrong photos or what..

I been Modding & dickering with my Ender 3 S1 trying to up its Speed & Reliability for several months now...

and let my E3S1 alone.
New firmware released for the s1 pro to print at 160mms without clipper. Are you able to use the s1 pro MB in the S1?

IMG_0765.jpeg

New firmware released for the s1 pro to print at 160mms without clipper. Are you able to use the s1 pro MB in the S1?

View attachment 332688

I didn't realize...
Would you happen to have a link?

I've been saving that board in hopes of swapping it out to my Ender Extender 400XL printer actually..

Dual Zone
bed heating
Dual LED lights

and let my E3S1 alone.
Thanks Tex, this looks like it would work but waited too long, out of stock! 👀

Thanks Tex, this looks like it would work but waited too long, out of stock! 👀

Now isn't that just typical.....!! 👎

See if you can find a Bambu P1S or Creality K1 for around that price! 🤪

Last edited:
Back