Kraton Whats wrong here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qasim2021

Everyday as it comes...
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi Guys something is definitely up with either my servo or ackerman or something when you turn right or left with remote when vehicle is on the ackerman don't really move left right it goes kind of down if the car is off its fine it turns right left any ideas?

1600611544988769041885083948215.jpg

Take the servo horn off and see what’s binding. If the servo moves fine without the horn on, it is likely something is binding in the steering rack. Bad bushing/bearing or maybe all those stacked washers?

Hi Guys something is definitely up with either my servo or ackerman or something when you turn right or left with remote when vehicle is on the ackerman don't really move left right it goes kind of down if the car is off its fine it turns right left any ideas?

View attachment 100805

The way that arm is shimmed up is a no go. It creates a lever that twists the arm on the Ackerman instead or rotating it properly. Servo is too tall.

What you mean binding mate? When servo horn is off it moves left to right no issues when car is off it turns right to left fine. Its lift the servo saver when car is on when you turn i have a feeling its the servo or arm as when I move righ to left the servo wiggles left right
The way that arm is shimmed up is a no go. It creates a lever that twists the arm on the Ackerman instead or rotating it properly. Servo is too tall.
How can this be fixed?

What you mean binding mate? When servo horn is off it moves left to right no issues when car is off it turns right to left fine. Its lift the servo saver when car is on when you turn i have a feeling its the servo or arm as when I move righ to left the servo wiggles left right

How can this be fixed?
Binding means it won’t move. Something is stuck.

I've done this too. It can work, but yeah, this one is getting tall.

Check the pivot balls. If they are a bit too tight (or a lot too tight) the steering won't respond.

Also, look at the steering links - the one in the pic (fuzzy in the background) looks like it is popped off the ball, and held on with the wide "no-pop" flange.

I've done this too. It can work, but yeah, this one is getting tall.

Check the pivot balls. If they are a bit too tight (or a lot too tight) the steering won't respond.

Also, look at the steering links - the one in the pic (fuzzy in the background) looks like it is popped off the ball, and held on with the wide "no-pop" flange.
Pivot balls seem ok that arm your talking about needs replacing but it is on the ball. Any ideas what I can do with the arm?
Its weird because when I turn the car off and move the wheels manually its seems to act as it should only when it on

Last edited:
Pivot balls seem ok that arm your talking about needs replacing but it is on the ball. Any ideas what I can do with the arm?

Only real fix is a shorter servo. An aluminum servo saver assembly would help a bunch but that long screw will still flex some.

How do you guys use a 1210sg on a kraton then as I brought it because of the recommended upgrades forum. Have I done something wrong or is this just the way it is can I buy anything to help apart from an aluminum servo saver as I've got one already but it didn't really help. Might invest in a HR one

Can we see a video of what it is doing?
Also you are missing your spacers for your upper a arms.

I've made one but can't upload it and I know I need spacers just a test run

Just because something is on the internet, it doesn't make it right. Like anywhere else on the web, you have to know a little bit about what you are dealing with or you may get led astray.

I understand you guys can see issues and as I said it was only a test run for my new receiver. I have a taller servo mount for the 1210sg I've read alot before buying the 1210sg but never seemed to get it right. Posting video now

Also ditch the rubber grommets on the servo mount they really aren't needed.

If car is not on the floor this is not a problem it moves freely with no issues arm does not dip it is perfect

I'm confused, if this is just a test run for your receiver why are you asking?
All issues identified above apply, in addition your servo saver takes out 50% of your throw, needs to be adjusted as well.

Also kind of obvious that your servo linkage is trash, that plastic had it. That huge lever with the washers is creating havoc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back