What's wrong with bending a chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ho lee chit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
I once bent the chassis of my outcast and didn't notice any difference in driving at all.

So why is everybody afraid of bending a chassis?

It doesn't affect driving
It's cheap if you want to replace
It can be straightened easily

I don't see the problem, please explain to me

Same goes for shocktower, hammer it straight, put it back on

A slight bend isn’t a big deal....until it is. Bend it too much and the geometry of the driveshafts change which then could cause the center/front/rear diff outdrives to wear quicker because now the driveshaft is shoved into them because the bend removes the play that you see if you were to take either the front or rear driveshaft and shift forward and backward. It also shoves the pinions into the diffs changing the pinion/ring gear mesh which then kills the teeth. That play is there because of the chassis flex. Not to mention it could throw off the handling depending on how bad the chassis is tweaked.

Plus, who wants to tear everything apart because the chassis bent? I don’t have time for that.

A slight bend isn’t a big deal....until it is. Bend it too much and the geometry of the driveshafts change which then could cause the center/front/rear diff outdrives to wear quicker because now the driveshaft is shoved into them because the bend removes the play that you see if you were to take either the front or rear driveshaft and shift forward and backward. It also shoves the pinions into the diffs changing the pinion/ring gear mesh which then kills the teeth.

My thought is that the braces must have snapped for the shaft to hit the end of the cup. Not saying you're wrong but I never have seen a picture of a driveshaft hitting the end of the cups.

Same reason people don't drive cars with bent frames. Like @Mongoose said it changes the geometry of everything. I will make parts wear out faster or even break parts. Biggest downside to me is it will completely change the handling of it.

Yes it is a v4 actually. Unfortunately they still bend. Santa is bringing the kraton a m2c chassis for Christmas thankfully lol

Idk why im like this but when im with people i become s complete moron and my body is completly discusting looking tried to polish it out still looks eww i need to control myself. But it was my first ever rc car to do stuns with and big air. My rustler 4x4 did nothing of this. I remember first 2 weeks of ownership of the kraton 4d i nose landed non stop roof slided on concrete my wing chewed up a bit stock front bumper conpletly desintegraded.

I reoiled my bearings last time i did it my bearings exploded on the motor but now im using real oil for bearings so left just hope it doesn't explode again
my only main issue atm is the motor mount who just bends like a banan in a nose impact i want the arma 3s adjustable mount but out of stock everywhere since a few mounts now
Kraton 6s with a better chassi would fix the bending issue a worth it uograde if you ask me

Yeah actually they recommend removing the t2t brace with the better chassis. It causes the tail section to bend

Yeah actually they recommend removing the t2t brace with the better chassis. It causes the tail section to bend
I have to agree with that. My buddy bent the t2t brace and had a m2c chassis on it. Because the t2t was bent it was putting a lot of stress on the rear of the car. I used to run t2t b4 I got a m2c and i used to break a lot of diff bulk housings

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back