Kraton Wheel came off, best way to prevent in future?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jambo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
About 2 hours into use of new Kraton 4s and rear wheel came off, lost 4 parts (Wheel Hex, Set Screw, Pin & Lock Nut). 4 parts for a loose wheel :-(

anyway, parts ordered, 6 weeks to wait. When i finally get the wheel back on would you advise to use some loctite in the Nut? am guessing its already added from the factory but no idea.

Cheers!

Wouldn't use locktite on the nut. Should be serrated where it won't back off. If you put it on the wrong way without the serrated side facing the wheel it'll back out.

The grub set screw.. definitely loctite that one.

Just tight it hard. Shouldn’t come loose.

Also regularly visually look at the nuts to see all tires have the same amount of thread sticking out. So you’ll catch if one become loose before.

I loctite all my wheel nuts with loctite blue gel. It's thick and tends to stay gummy. I always put a fresh dab on it whenever I remove a wheel. I know the serrations should hold things together, but I'd rather not have a wheel hex cooked or nut lost just because I didn't loctite them.

I loctite all my wheel nuts with loctite blue gel. It's thick and tends to stay gummy. I always put a fresh dab on it whenever I remove a wheel. I know the serrations should hold things together, but I'd rather not have a wheel hex cooked or nut lost just because I didn't loctite them.
Yup I've stripped out a few wheel hexes from the wheel nuts coming off everything gets threadlock now.

Second run, look familiar? Lol
07A83BE9-D2E1-47C5-AFDB-9FB96D6867C0.jpeg

I had that problem when I first bought it but since I got some proper tools to tighten it it hasn't come off again. Do you use the plastic tools given in the box to tighten it?

I do give it a quick visual check every pack to make sure it's not coming off soon.

Idk how you menaged to lose the pin and everything else on mine came apart on agrass field found everything i put locktie on the rear left always that tire comes off threadlock wont hurt anything if you have a decent 8mm tool i personnaly did not get the hot racing adaptors because adding offset is not good in my mind for your suspension and 2 i don't really like hot racing a lot of what they make is poop
Be sure to locktite the hex screw you should ever be able to lose you hex pin and bearing if your nut gets loose only the tire and nut should fall out not the entire thing

I’m a little baffled how losing wheels/wheel nuts is a occurring issue on the 4s rigs. I wrench mine fairly tight and haven’t had any issues on my K4S and O4S.

I researched the K4S before I purchased it and read that loosing wheel nuts were an issue so I bought a spare set of them when I got my K4S....still haven’t had one come loose with about 30 packs through it.

Maybe since I read the wheel nuts could come loose, I’ve been more aware to wrench the sucker on tight.

Same here , plastic tool is garbage for wheel nuts . This maybe the reason a few are loosing them

Woah people actually try to use the plastic tools? ??? I only use some of the 4-way metal wrenches that are included in kits. Any Allen wrench or plastic tool gets 86’d ASAP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back