Kraton Wheel-drive rear wheels going forward and front wheels going in reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackops

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am guessing this is very easy at least I hope so. Did I just screw up when putting the F/C/R diffs back together and I ended up putting the diffs back in I ended up putting them in the opposite directions of each other thus the reason the front wheels are going in reverse and rear wheels are going forward when I pull the throttle?

Hoping that is all it is and is a simple fix. But being it 130am and going on 3 hours of sleep my brain cannot comprehend right now to troubleshoot. So hoping I will be able to see what smart things you guys have to say that I boned up again.

Thanks again

I am guessing this is very easy at least I hope so. Did I just screw up when putting the F/C/R diffs back together and I ended up putting the diffs back in I ended up putting them in the opposite directions of each other thus the reason the front wheels are going in reverse and rear wheels are going forward when I pull the throttle?

Hoping that is all it is and is a simple fix. But being it 130am and going on 3 hours of sleep my brain cannot comprehend right now to troubleshoot. So hoping I will be able to see what smart things you guys have to say that I boned up again.

Thanks again

I've re-done the grease in my diffs and for me there really was only one way it all went back together.
HUR8T4M6TEFVKAP9QVB9NN8C6XU8K6BDKQNNC3PRADFMX4H6H8.jpg

Idk maybe double check you put them together correctly. Otherwise personally I can't think of another reason for that to happen.

@RetroKevin and @Camaroboy383 yeah I am a bonehead LOL that's what I get for withing on it with little sleep and when I should have stopped hours ago.

Yeah I just pulled apart the front diff and rotated the easy I put it back in the bulkhead. Now both front and rear are no longer fighting and cooperating to go in the same direction 😂

Man i am coming up with a list of things I won't be doing again next time I takedown and put back together from all these lessons learned
Crown gear always goes on the left side of the diff housing when you are looking at it.
@Sargent_Horse where were you when I was putting it together and asking my diff fluid questions. You should have said hey knucklehead make sure you put the crown great on the left side of the diff housing you noob 😂🤪

It makes way more sense now that I know what happens when you do the opposite.

Thanks buddy appreciate as always.

@RetroKevin and @Camaroboy383 yeah I am a bonehead LOL that's what I get for withing on it with little sleep and when I should have stopped hours ago.

Yeah I just pulled apart the front diff and rotated the easy I put it back in the bulkhead. Now both front and rear are no longer fighting and cooperating to go in the same direction 😂

Man i am coming up with a list of things I won't be doing again next time I takedown and put back together from all these lessons learned

@Sargent_Horse where were you when I was putting it together and asking my diff fluid questions. You should have said hey knucklehead make sure you put the crown great on the left side of the diff housing you noob 😂🤪

It makes way more sense now that I know what happens when you do the opposite.

Thanks buddy appreciate as always.
There's no shame in making mistakes as long as you learn from them. We've all been there to some degree or another.

Good luck and happy bashing! 🤗

Crown gear always goes on the left side of the diff housing when you are looking at it.
Or both on the right 🤣🤘🏻 As long as they are both inserted the same way, it doesn’t matter in most setups. My Mojave EXB rubs the bulkhead with the GP5 ring gear on the left sides, but clears on the rights, so that the way they run.

Or both on the right 🤣🤘🏻 As long as they are both inserted the same way, it doesn’t matter in most setups. My Mojave EXB rubs the bulkhead with the GP5 ring gear on the left sides, but clears on the rights, so that the way they run.

Yeah, on initial thought I figured it would mess up the spiral cut gearing, but now that I think about it more that makes no sense. If you run them on the right, you'd just need to reverse motor direction in some way correct?

Doesn’t the ring hit the chassis when it’s on the right? Maybe the new chassis have the bottom cutouts all the way across that area.

Doesn’t the ring hit the chassis when it’s on the right? Maybe the new chassis have the bottom cutouts all the way across that area.
With the EXB chassis, it’s cut on both sides. My Mojave came with them on the right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back