Granite Wheel Driveshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to worry whats going to happen to my poor senton when I get the big MT tires on for good. I drive it like I am trying to break it and have only gone through one a arm, no axles, and no slipper/spurs or anything.

I'm starting to worry whats going to happen to my poor senton when I get the big MT tires on for good. I drive it like I am trying to break it and have only gone through one a arm, no axles, and no slipper/spurs or anything.

The wheel driveshafts are my only issue and some bust almost instantly and some need a really bad landing. The design of the U-joint is just poopy. I can't wait for the upgraded driveshafts to ship. Tower has them listed as "on order."

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p??&I=LXGYRS

As these new driveshaft presumably are for the new 4s cars, which by logic will be the wider versions of the current short/long wheelbase cars (so a outcast & kraton), i wonder if these will fit the current cars, with their short a-arms
I'm thinking good chance they will not..

Another thing is these are connected to the diff outdrives via a set screw, and not using a "through screw" that the current driveshaft uses, but i think the current outdrives have a place for a set screw which is currently not used, so from that standpoint i think it will be fine..

As these new driveshaft presumably are for the new 4s cars, which by logic will be the wider versions of the current short/long wheelbase cars (so a outcast & kraton), i wonder if these will fit the current cars, with their short a-arms
I'm thinking good chance they will not..

Another thing is these are connected to the diff outdrives via a set screw, and not using a "through screw" that the current driveshaft uses, but i think the current outdrives have a place for a set screw which is currently not used, so from that standpoint i think it will be fine..

The description reads "Mega BLX" so assume they are a direct replacement for the stock driveshafts and not for a vehicle not yet in existence.

And another one bites the dust! Usually it's the outer half that breaks, so I had plenty of these.

20181204_162532.jpg

Same problem with the garbage Traxxas plastic telescoping drivesnaps. Most people just throw in some MIP’s and call it a day.

This happened on my first outing I was taking it for flying lessons off a half pipe so I guess it's my fault, is there any other company gonna make these because the mixed reviews about the hot racing ones are a bit mixed .I'm after bullet proof .or has anyone considered different out drives from the diff to be able to use alternative sliders ??

This happened on my first outing I was taking it for flying lessons off a half pipe so I guess it's my fault, is there any other company gonna make these because the mixed reviews about the hot racing ones are a bit mixed .I'm after bullet proof .or has anyone considered different out drives from the diff to be able to use alternative sliders ??

I suspect your thinking of integy stuff, HR just released the 3s blx shafts like a week or 2 ago..

Will either keep it on 2s or shelf it as the cost of those HR ones is a bit high untill not aftermarket parties jump on board

Just a few questions:

What is the speed increase with the bigger motor?

Did you have to get a new ESC for running 4s?

Is it worth it LOL!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back