Talion Wheel nut seized to hub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenyanr1

Reaction score
Guys, I can not get the wheel nut off the hub. Rear drivers side, if that makes a difference. All wheels spin when I turn it but it won’t come loose. Any ideas?
Thanks
-Ken

Aluminum galling sucks. Not sure what you have but steel/aluminum is not a good combination either, dissimilar metals invite galvanic corrosion. Hit the thing with an impact wrench, it'll either unscrew or shear off.

Put a small dab of instant tinman ( anti-seize ) on them from here on out to avoid this in the future.

pull the hub/stub, pry on the hex adapter in a vice if you already hit it with the wife’s purse! 👛

Pickle fork and some penetrating oil would be ideal in the rig, the set screw loose and pin is out right?

pull the hub/stub, pry on the hex adapter in a vice if you already hit it with the wife’s purse! 👛

Pickle fork and some penetrating oil would be ideal in the rig, the set screw loose and pin is out right?
You mean the grub screw in the hub? I didn’t mess with that.
Like it’s too tight? 🤔
Yes. Beyond tight and seized somehow
Aluminum galling sucks. Not sure what you have but steel/aluminum is not a good combination either, dissimilar metals invite galvanic corrosion. Hit the thing with an impact wrench, it'll either unscrew or shear off.

Put a small dab of instant tinman ( anti-seize ) on them from here on out to avoid this in the future.
I may try an impact tomorrow

Wheel still installed

Got plenty of leverage, wheel nut just won’t come loose
Impact is probably best option, try and shock it by hitting the end of rachet. If you pull to hard at an angle the nut will start to cross thread off and get stuck, the shock from impact usually takes it off...

Wheel still installed

Got plenty of leverage, wheel nut just won’t come loose
If it’s not coming loose then you still don’t have enough leverage 😎

I would cut the wheel off, remove the hex and work the nut loose in a vice and an impact (or just buy a new one from Jenny’s along with a new wheel.)

Guys, I can not get the wheel nut off the hub. Rear drivers side, if that makes a difference. All wheels spin when I turn it but it won’t come loose. Any ideas?
Thanks
-Ken
Heat it up.
Heat the beotch up real hot and crank it loose.👍works every time😁

Tried the purse hack. Didn’t work
You may be onto something here. :unsure:

Put a pipe over the end of a socket wrench for more leverage.
You might have to jump off a ladder onto the pipe to break it loose
Couldn’t fit the ladder in the front room. Thanks though
Heat it up.
Heat the beotch up real hot and crank it loose.👍works every time😁
Little heat got that sucker off. Thanks broski!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back