Typhon Where is all of the Diff Fluid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdscuba

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
It seems that all of the silicon differential oil has gone the way of the dinosaur... wiped from the face of the earth. Any idea if the stuff will become available anytime soon?

It seems supply has been sporadic in the last few months, probably due to Covid. The last time I went to the LHS (~6 weeks ago), they had nearly all the viscosities of diff and suspension fluid I could ever need in stock. They're probably all sold out right now.

The best advice is probably to start shopping before you need diff fluid these days.

Good luck!

I was wondering the same thing and emailed Associated to find out:
At this time, we are unable to get the bottles and caps needed for packaging, the industry that bottles hand sanitizers are the priority and the powers at be are looking for new packaging.

Donald Natale
Senior Customer Service | Associated Electrics, Inc.
All those fluids... nowhere to go.

I was wondering the same thing and emailed Associated to find out:

All those fluids... nowhere to go.
Shoot.... sell me a gallon worth!

Amain has a bunch of Mugen and Flash Point left, Arrowmax-RC has a bunch of their branded stuff available...

What weight(s) are you looking for?
Well, that is also a good question. Just got the Typhon 6S V5 a few weeks ago. I want to take all 3 diff apart and shim them properly as well as change out the fluid. I've seen many suggestions here and they vary quite a bit.

I am leaning toward:

200k - 500k for the center
60k - 80k for the front
30k - 60k for the rear

Any advise/input would be appreciated. Just general bashing is all I do. Not changing gears/tires or attempting any speed records or anything. Just some dirt/gravel - some pavement - some jumping as I learn my way around this beast.

Last edited:
Well, that is also a good question. Just got the Typhon 6S V5 a few weeks ago. I want to take all 3 diff apart and shim them properly as well as change out the fluid. I've seen many suggestions here and they vary quite a bit.

I am leaning toward:

200k - 500k for the center
60k - 80k for the front
30k - 60k for the rear

Any advise/input would be appreciated. Just general bashing is all I do. Not changing gears/tires or attempting any speed records or anything. Just some dirt/gravel - some pavement - some jumping as I learn my way around this beast.
What setup did you go with?
I did 80r/500/60f bash on dirt/speed runs 😂 steering is bs when bashing on dirt. Doing diff build now im going 60r/30f

60kfr/ 500k center/ 20-30k rear. No higher in the rear or you will be all over the place on the dirt loose stuff!!! Not too much higher in the front either. These are for standard non LSD diffs.
LSD diffs are a different animal altogether!!!!! Much thinner weights, closer to stock if not stock, is best.

When Team Associated is out of silicone oil, we are screwed. Then it all dries up fast. TA is what I buy when available. Cheapest for the quantity you get. Most popular here in the states. Vendors with inventory boost the price up when it dries up. It happens all the time, for years past, sporadically it disappears for many many months.. then other brands dry up. This was Pre Covid.
Seems Traxxasss has most of the time at a high price for the quantity you get. Nothing new.
Hudy and the other brands are $$$ too. Non US brands.

TA has been on B/O since last summer. don't know why. Not a Covid thing. Been going on for years drying up frequently.
Parts Search | Associated Electrics

Last edited:
Back