Kraton Which 6s rig should I buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa_fullsend

Full send or no send ??
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
My buddy just got a v4 Kraton and the thing is a freakin beast. So now I want one. Should I get the Kraton too? Or go with another 6s model? I don’t think I want the senton but I can’t decide between the rest. I want to bash hard, jump high, far and do backflips and stuff. Which I know the outcast is awesome for but I don’t necessarily want standing backflips and instant wheelies where I can’t drive it semi normally sometimes around a baseball field or something. Any way I’m super indecisive so I’ve come here to see what other people think

My 2 cents on this subject:

There is only one possible downside to the Kraton and that would be the longer chassis is more leverage for bending it. With that said M2C makes aftermarket chassis and braces that resolve this. (and the V4 radio is junk)

The Kraton on 6s will do anything the others will do plus more stable at speed. The shorter chassis Outcast, Notorious, Typhon will rotate better for doing flips, but the Kraton always seemed to do flips just fine. I couldn't imagine wanting more rotation that what it had.

My 2 cents on this subject:

There is only one possible downside to the Kraton and that would be the longer chassis is more leverage for bending it. With that said M2C makes aftermarket chassis and braces that resolve this. (and the V4 radio is junk)

The Kraton on 6s will do anything the others will do plus more stable at speed. The shorter chassis Outcast, Notorious, Typhon will rotate better for doing flips, but the Kraton always seemed to do flips just fine. I couldn't imagine wanting more rotation that what it had.

Pretty much what @LibertyMKiii said...???

I have a Kraton and its awesome..?

My buddy just got a v4 Kraton and the thing is a freakin beast. So now I want one. Should I get the Kraton too? Or go with another 6s model? I don’t think I want the senton but I can’t decide between the rest. I want to bash hard, jump high, far and do backflips and stuff. Which I know the outcast is awesome for but I don’t necessarily want standing backflips and instant wheelies where I can’t drive it semi normally sometimes around a baseball field or something. Any way I’m super indecisive so I’ve come here to see what other people think
You might consider a Talion too. Everyone looks past it because it's not the prettiest of the bunch, but if you watch videos from @bicketybam @Primarrma and @Dutch213, you might consider the Talion over the others. I know that I wish I had one even though I love my Notorious 6s

I just got a Typhon, but I bought it more for speed running. If I were to be buying a basher, I would either do Kraton (blue one) or the Talion.

You said you want to bash hard and jump high so go with the Outcast/Notorious..the shorter chassis length and taller tires allow for an easier time to bash around and also better air control amd not as much chassis bend on them hard nose/tail landing...yes,it will do standing backflips and instant wheelies on demand,but once you learn how to drive and have a little finesse in your throttle control it can be a smooth as you need it to be but an animal in an instant..if you said what want more speed runs and high jumps id say the Kraton or Talion would be your better option

I own all of them except the Senton. My least favorite to DRIVE is the Notorious/Outcast. You would think it can flip better than the others but in my experience I can do anything the Notorious can with my Kraton. And for blasting around in a field or dirt patch? The Notorious is nowhere near as good as the Kraton. My favorite basher is probably my Talion. It's just perfectly balanced and I've landed triples with it on stock Katars. So it definitely rotates just fine. I can triple a Kraton as well.

I'm not hating on the Outcast/Noto but for me it is the least fun to drive. If someone out there owns the 4 main rigs and likes the way the Noto drives best, I'd love to hear it. It's a fun truck in small doses. My two cents ???

I own all of them except the Senton. My least favorite to DRIVE is the Notorious/Outcast. You would think it can flip better than the others but in my experience I can do anything the Notorious can with my Kraton. And for blasting around in a field or dirt patch? The Notorious is nowhere near as good as the Kraton. My favorite basher is probably my Talion. It's just perfectly balanced and I've landed triples with it on stock Katars. So it definitely rotates just fine. I can triple a Kraton as well.

I'm not hating on the Outcast/Noto but for me it is the least fun to drive. If someone out there owns the 4 main rigs and likes the way the Noto drives best, I'd love to hear it. It's a fun truck in small doses. My two cents ???

I appreciate that advice man I think you definitely narrowed my choices down to the Kraton or talion! They all look awesome I want one of each too! Haha
I just got a Typhon, but I bought it more for speed running. If I were to be buying a basher, I would either do Kraton (blue one) or the Talion.

My buddy got the blue one haha so I’d have to go red cause we go bashing together a lot. But yeah think I’m going with Kraton or talion

I appreciate that advice man I think you definitely narrowed my choices down to the Kraton or talion! They all look awesome I want one of each too! Haha

My buddy got the blue one haha so I’d have to go red cause we go bashing together a lot. But yeah think I’m going with Kraton or talion
Blue one is faster ??‍♂️ ???

I think you answered your own question in post. My opinion go Kraton and don't look back.

You might consider a Talion too. Everyone looks past it because it's not the prettiest of the bunch
What!? I’m personally the opposite. The Talion is just perfection, while i couldn’t stand the Kraton body (the v4 is a huge improvement though)

So watching videos and hearing what y’all have to say I’m definitely leaning towards Kraton. I’ve got a cart full of stuff to go along with it. Voltage hobbies front and rear chassis brace, and servo mount. TBR front bumper and rear wheelie bar. Fast eddy bearings. And a 6s battery. Am I missing anything to start out with? Besides radio. Gotta get on that soon. Prob go with futaba 3pv or spectrum dx5c

Last edited:

But do you really bash your Talion hard or just hit the ramp in your driveway??? ...Talion as a basher for a newbie without jumping experience probably isnt the best suggestion..the Outcast may not flip better than the Kraton with the much higher airs,but with the short length chassis there is def more opportunities with smaller airs to flip it around where the Kraton needs more air to do the same...if your just doing smooth bmx tracks and driveways any 6s Arrma is a great choice!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back