Which battery is good to use a spectrum or a Zeee 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan207265_RC

Reaction score
So I have my son typhon 3s so I order some Zeee batteries with higher C and I already had a spectrum battery but has anybody has Opinion about type of batters u can use I also have a vorteks to…thank you..

8B99BF93-BE76-4228-8DD7-348D70A185D9.jpeg

I recently bought a HRB 6000mA 60C 3S in a hard case for the Vorteks. The price is good. Have only used it about 6 or 7 times but so far really like it. I was worried about the run times for the Vorteks, based on what I had been reading. Our run times have been fine. Don't know how long it will hold up, but so far so good.

I have CNHL and Zeee.....can recommend either......don't have the Spectrum batts......as mentioned above, the C ratings aren't even close to being actual/factual.....

Am leaning to CNHL to replace my older zeees

Run both and see if there is any difference....they will both work.....
I know which is less expensive!
I recently bought a HRB 6000mA 60C 3S in a hard case for the Vorteks. The price is good. Have only used it about 6 or 7 times but so far really like it. I was worried about the run times for the Vorteks, based on what I had been reading. Our run times have been fine. Don't know how long it will hold up, but so far so good.

HRB have treated me fine......no complaints so far.....

Simple answer I have 8 RC cars and I have only like 4 spectrum and all others zeee,no problems whit balance or nothing so far in 2 years.hope that helps

Spektrum is more expensive than most brands, the worst part is not having a standard balance plug.

I haven't used Spektrum but I have used Zeee. The Zeee's drove well for me. If you jump, or have hard crashes, you should tape the cases so they don't split at the seam. Also, both my Zeee batteries had a dead cell after 4-5 months use. I storage charged them and left them for over a month and found one cell dead in each. Fortunately Zeee replaced them under warranty. I'll keep a closer eye on these and hopefully I won't have the same problem. The price is much easier to swallow than Spektrums. We'll see how long they last this time.

I’ve been very happy with quality and performance from hoovo. Have 3s and 6s and I’d buy more without hesitation. Amazon has a 2 pack 5200mah for less than $60 and they come with ec5 connectors.

I haven't used Spektrum but I have used Zeee. The Zeee's drove well for me. If you jump, or have hard crashes, you should tape the cases so they don't split at the seam. Also, both my Zeee batteries had a dead cell after 4-5 months use. I storage charged them and left them for over a month and found one cell dead in each. Fortunately Zeee replaced them under warranty. I'll keep a closer eye on these and hopefully I won't have the same problem. The price is much easier to swallow than Spektrums. We'll see how long they last this time.
Oh really so with time the cell dies..well I still can return them I’m just trying out batteries before I buy the another spectrum with 100C cuz that one is $100..😲

Zeees or anything else. Skip all that Smart Spektrum stuff..
Just me.

I’ve been very happy with quality and performance from hoovo. Have 3s and 6s and I’d buy more without hesitation. Amazon has a 2 pack 5200mah for less than $60 and they come with ec5 connectors.
Oh yeah I heard about that brand on YouTube..so u think it’s better then Zeee or there almost the same?
Zeees or anything else. Skip all that Smart Spektrum stuff..
Just me.
Oh yeah well too late for that I bought the spectrum bundle pack that cost $300..🥺 they recommend me for my vorteks I love it but I just want to get a good performance….that’s why I’m trying out other batteries before I buy the 100C from spectrum..lol🥸

^^^
For the $300., price of the Smart Eco stuff, you could have doubled you lipo inventory and with better stuff out there.
When you say "they" recommended the Smart Gear, who are they?
The LHS???? Spektrum, manual?
Smart gear is just "Fluff". No better than other standard "Dumb" lipos. Smart lipos won't make your rig perform faster or any better. As you might find out. Hopefully later than sooner now.
But you are not alone.
Bash on. Send it. Enjoy.
:)

Think CNHL, YooWoo and HRB (made by Yoowoo) Lipos.
SMC or Gens of Ace lipos, if money is no object

Last edited:
^^^
For the $300., price of the Smart Eco stuff, you could have doubled you lipo inventory and with better stuff out there.
When you say "they" recommended the Smart Gear, who are they?
The LHS???? Spektrum, manual?
Smart gear is just "Fluff". No better than other standard "Dumb" lipos. Smart lipos won't make your rig perform faster or any better. As you might find out. Hopefully later than sooner now.
But you are not alone.
Bash on. Send it. Enjoy.
:)

Think CNHL, YooWoo and HRB (made by Yoowoo) Lipos.
SMC or Gens of Ace lipos, if money is no object
The hobby store I told them what I had a Vorteks and typhon and they told me to use spectrum battery cuz it has spectrum system…🤔 but to late I got the bundle and it’s good for me for now..lol

I have the same 6000mAh Zeee packs for my Vorteks and they seem good for the price. Each gives me about 15 minutes of run time even with the high LVC issue the Vorteks has.

Spektrum is okay, but you pay a premium price for average quality and a few extra features like auto-discharging. Not worthwhile to me, but perhaps to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back