Why are R/C tools crap!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a full set of Wera drivers and some Wiha pliers before learning about MIP. They’re both very high quality and have been great so far, but I’ve only been in the hobby since August and they don’t have heavy use yet.

I will say though it gets very expensive ordering the tools a la carte, over $350 CDN on hand tools is crazy but my OCD loves having a matching complete set. I have to be patient though, I ordered a few extra tools at the beginning of March and they won’t be in Canada until as late as June, potentially.

Integy and Dynamite are decent for starter tools, but if you do any significant amount of wrenching, high quality tools will save you a lot of time and headache. It has been beaten to death in this forum but for real, MIP hexes are absolutely worth the investment. High quality tools are a huge part of the hobby for me. Wrenching is inevitable, nothing is unbreakable. High quality tools makes wrenching fun, low quality tools makes it stressful.

Is anyone else tired of crap R/C tools? I just purchased a set of Integy 1/4 drive for my screwdriver and the 2mm is stripped 🤬 I am going mad. I have been wrenching on R/C’s for over 30 years and still have not been able to get a gold set of tools. Sorry for the rant just pissed.
I agree. China tools are just not great lasting tools when it come to Allen keys and drivers
If you want the best. And prideful ownership purchase yourself. A set or 2 of P B Swiss
They are best. But not cheap

I agree. China tools are just not great lasting tools when it come to Allen keys and drivers
If you want the best. And prideful ownership purchase yourself. A set or 2 of P B Swiss
They are best. But not cheap
Where do you get them?

9380E464-FDAF-438F-B9AD-E7049BDBB257.png

I use the Dynamite hex drivers with red handles and they have been awesome. Had them for 10-12 years and never a worry. I bought a set of off-brand 1/4 hex for my drill but I make sure I turn the torque down or there will be disaster. And I don't need much torque for turning the screws. It's actually the slip clutch on the drill.

Quit buying harbor freight garbage. All you need are 1.5, 2, 2.5Mip drivers, some craftsman ignition wrenches , a 17mm socket, t handle or ratchet, some soldering equipment, blue loctite, superglue, zip -ties, pliers, electrical tape, and you can damn near tackle any project

Is anyone else tired of crap R/C tools? I just purchased a set of Integy 1/4 drive for my screwdriver and the 2mm is stripped 🤬 I am going mad. I have been wrenching on R/C’s for over 30 years and still have not been able to get a gold set of tools. Sorry for the rant just pissed.
Integy is junk

Integy is junk
Agree. Been there. And Integy falls short with many other products.
Depending where you live, globally, there is usually that one quality popular brand available.
Here in the States, MIP drivers have been king for 30+ years. An old US RC company.
Vanquish Products Drivers treat me well also. Longer shafts.
The good stuff costs money. Buy cheap buy twice.
Buy cheap hex drivers, and you will be stripping out hex heads at some point with rounded out hex tips.

I ordered a full set of Wera drivers and some Wiha pliers before learning about MIP. They’re both very high quality and have been great so far, but I’ve only been in the hobby since August and they don’t have heavy use yet.

I will say though it gets very expensive ordering the tools a la carte, over $350 CDN on hand tools is crazy but my OCD loves having a matching complete set. I have to be patient though, I ordered a few extra tools at the beginning of March and they won’t be in Canada until as late as June, potentially.
For me, tool money is seperate from hobby money. Tools are a lifetime collection thing. RC cars are just a pastime.

So going a little off topic here but what hand driver would you guys recommend for the MIP Speed Tips? I'm not talking an electric screwdriver but something like a normal screwdriver but accepts bits.
I have, and love this...

Metabo HPT Cordless Screwdriver Kit | 3.6V, Lithium Ion Batteries.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L78Y72J/

OK, just realized you DIDN'T want electric. For a manual handle, I really like this one. It converts from inline to a T-handle.
https://www.kctool.com/felo-60427-smart-handle/

This one is also nice, but quite a bit bulkier.
https://www.kctool.com/felo-64539-ergonic-k-handle-ratcheting-screwdriver/

PB Swiss drivers are amazing. I usually buy them from https://toollady.com/store/

Last edited:
For me, tool money is seperate from hobby money. Tools are a lifetime collection thing. RC cars are just a pastime.
Wish I could say the same. My tools and RC collection are hard give up. Need the best always.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back