Kraton Why the obsession with 4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll let you know, I'm about to go down the same path, with both my 4s rigs. FWIW, I'm only building up the rear diffs and CVDs, in all my bashing I've only had issues at the rear with CVDs and the diff giving up.

On dirt, I'd say you might get away with the composite CVDs but not on pavement unless your easy on the trigger (which, try as I might, it's not that effective).
I could use throttle exponential on my transmitter to slow down the initial throttle response to save the driveshafts, but only if it's necessary.

If it wasn't raining today I would be out trying 4s on my Typhon 3s at something less than full throttle. But the weather isn't cooperating.:(
If you’re gonna run 4s, you’re better off building a TLRT Typhon to run 4s with.
I'm not willing to invest a bunch more money into making my Typhon 3s into a 4s Typhon: I already have an upgraded Kraton 6s for high speed bashing, and upgrading the Typhon 3s to 4s is just an afterthought. If I can go for 4s for little cost I most likely will. If not, it will stay 3s.

Last edited:
I could use throttle exponential on my transmitter to slow down the initial throttle response to save the driveshafts, but only if it's necessary.

If it wasn't raining today I would be out trying 4s on my Typhon 3s at something less than full throttle. But the weather isn't cooperating.:(

I'm not willing to invest a bunch more money into making my Typhon 3s into a 4s Typhon: I already have an upgraded Kraton 6s for high speed bashing, and upgrading the Typhon 3s to 4s is just an afterthought. If I can go for 4s for little cost I most likely will. If not, it will stay 3s.
Esp if your easy on quick full throttles the stocker shafts will hold for a bit....maybe. Lol. Imo id get the cvds. Well I did get the cvds and i was bone stock at the time

Haven bent a chassis or shock tower yet.
Okay...maybe a chassis. 🤣🤣🤣
ripped every wheel but rear right
stripped front and rear diff
smoked esc
bent lower front shock mounts (both)
broke front right a arm 2wice and rear right once
rolecage
servo head broke
servo arm broke
front bumper thing
battery
worn steering link joint thingies

Esp if your easy on quick full throttles the stocker shafts will hold for a bit....maybe. Lol. Imo id get the cvds. Well I did get the cvds and i was bone stock at the time
Do rooster tails count as easy? 😝
ripped every wheel but rear right
stripped front and rear diff
smoked esc
bent lower front shock mounts (both)
broke front right a arm 2wice and rear right once
rolecage
servo head broke
servo arm broke
front bumper thing
battery
worn steering link joint thingies
I've done a few of those on one of my 6s rigs. 🙃

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back