Typhon Wider stance on Typhon 3S on stock wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi,

I have a doubt on the required parts to have a wider stance on a Typhon 3S with stock wheels. Other than the Hot Racing 17mm Hex Hubs 10mm offset (ATF117XT02), is it required to change the axles too with part no ARAC9443?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have a doubt on the required parts to have a wider stance on a Typhon 3S with stock wheels. Other than the Hot Racing 17mm Hex Hubs 10mm offset (ATF117XT02), is it required to change the axles too with part no ARAC9443?

Thanks in advance
Yes the HR hubs require the non-Typhon axles. The inner barrel nut requires the threaded axle post to screw onto and hold the hexes on.

Another alternative is the redcat BS936-003 which I am using on my typhon 3s
Yep. These are great. You just need to bore the holes out a bit to use the stock pins. Otherwise there’s enough play that I found it annoying using the Redcat pins.

E404C453-7FBA-4089-A3C7-9AB208D97BB8.jpeg

I ordered the HR ones, not catching that I needed different axle ends. I don't want to spend another $17. I'll return them and order the redcat ones. Thanks ??

They do. You need to bore out the hole to fit the stock axle pin however. The Redcat is narrower, but it takes all of 30 seconds per extension if you have a decent drill press.

I ordered the HR ones, not catching that I needed different axle ends. I don't want to spend another $17. I'll return them and order the redcat ones. Thanks ??
I have the Redcat ones be careful when drilling out the holes it is easy to make them too big.

Do you know the proper drill bit size?
They do. You need to bore out the hole to fit the stock axle pin however. The Redcat is narrower, but it takes all of 30 seconds per extension if you have a decent drill press.

Another alternative is the redcat BS936-003 which I am using on my typhon 3s
The stance is much wider with that Redcat extenders. Now I need to get some longer turnbuckles so the wheels are straighter. Should I get 4mmx55mmTurnbuckles?

Longer TB's best . Then cut to fit. You have some custom work ahead of you there. Treading new territory.

The stance is much wider with that Redcat extenders. Now I need to get some longer turnbuckles so the wheels are straighter. Should I get 4mmx55mmTurnbuckles?
Why do you need longer turnbuckles?

A word of advice....
Those Wire Looms covering your shocks have to go. Not quite sure what advantage there is, if any. But definitely a disadvantage with shock stroke and function.
I am not feeling it. :rolleyes:
This only my opinion.

A word of advice....
Those Wire Looms covering your shocks have to go. Not quite sure what advantage there is, if any. But definitely a disadvantage with shock stroke and function.
I am not feeling it. :rolleyes:
This only my opinion.
I first saw that on my phone and it looked like dust covers. Buy yeah those probably act like a shock stop more than anything, I doubt he has any upstroke.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back