Typhon will a MAMBA X, and CASTLE 1512 m0tor a CASTLE 1520 motor fit a stock 6s the thypone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx and how do i mak it so i get more grip from wheels bc when i break they just slide or spin
Put different wheels/tires on the car. For asphalt I'd recommend GRP/PMT (essentially the same design that get sold under two different names) in one of the softer compounds. Go with the softest as slicks. That's about as much grip as you can mechanically get. Like these here.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/grp-ti...s-black-2-xb1-grpgtx04-xb1/p1406199?v=1402656

Here's the legend on what's what.

1716503318102.png

Put different wheels/tires on the car. For asphalt I'd recommend GRP/PMT (essentially the same design that get sold under two different names) in one of the softer compounds. Go with the softest as slicks. That's about as much grip as you can mechanically get. Like these here.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/grp-ti...s-black-2-xb1-grpgtx04-xb1/p1406199?v=1402656

Here's the legend on what's what.

View attachment 368227
i haev https://www.hobbytown.com/arrma-dboots-hoons-42-100-2.9-belted-dish-speed-tires-2-ara550063/p981324 and https://www.hobbytown.com/arrma-dbo...d-tires-w-17mm-hex-black-2-ara550097/p1335215

Well...aside from those not at all being what I suggested to you, those are almost identical. If you're in the continental US (and last time I checked, Florida is of the contiguous variety) then you can order GRPs from at least 100 different shops and I'm pretty sure I'm being conservative with that estimate. GRPs last longer and, moreover, they just produce a lot more grip than do the Hoons. Add to that the fact that they cost $12-15 less per pair and that's all I need to know to inform my purchasing decision. If you want to buy Hoons anyways, it's your money. But then I don't entirely understand why you're asking for advice. Do as you see fit.

Well...aside from those not at all being what I suggested to you, those are almost identical. If you're in the continental US (and last time I checked, Florida is of the contiguous variety) then you can order GRPs from at least 100 different shops and I'm pretty sure I'm being conservative with that estimate. GRPs last longer and, moreover, they just produce a lot more grip than do the Hoons. Add to that the fact that they cost $12-15 less per pair and that's all I need to know to inform my purchasing decision. If you want to buy Hoons anyways, it's your money. But then I don't entirely understand why you're asking for advice. Do as you see fit.
ya but im tryting to get back in to the hobby c maniny the front doesnot rfeally get traio0n

At minimum you want the Castle 1515 2200kv with the Mamba Monster X as mentioned above.
As for tires, don't waste your money on the Hoons. I run the larger 53/107 Hoons on all 4 corners and its like skating on ice.

I have the GRPs mentioned above in S4 compound and they get 10 times more grip. This is with my Castle 1717 MMx8s Typhon. If you're motor is stock or running the Castle 1515, S4 compound is soft enough. There is one caveat, if its cold out you'll need a softer compound, like the S2.

At minimum you want the Castle 1515 2200kv with the Mamba Monster X as mentioned above.
As for tires, don't waste your money on the Hoons. I run the larger 53/107 Hoons on all 4 corners and its like skating on ice.

I have the GRPs mentioned above in S4 compound and they get 10 times more grip. This is with my Castle 1717 MMx8s Typhon. If you're motor is stock or running the Castle 1515, S4 compound is soft enough. There is one caveat, if its cold out you'll need a softer compound, like the S2.
Yeah but he said, and I quote: "ya but im tryting to get back in to the hobby c maniny the front doesnot rfeally get traio0n". Now all I need is an explanation how this runs counter to my suggestion to use GRPs...or did the "If you're trying to get back into the hobby, only buy Hoons" memo go out? What is the counter-argument to more traction & durability at a lower price point here? Please...make it make sense. I'd ask him but the spelling seems to be worsening from post to post and he's getting awfully close to, "WTF is that?!".

Back