Will a stock XMaxx motor fit sledge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not think so. I think you are limited more by length than diameter. Pretty sure the stock length motor is the longest you can fit in it without modifications.

Stock Sledge motor is 4274 and almost hits the bellcrank. XMaxx motor is 4885. That does not look like 9mm between the back of the motor and the bellcrank.

1695698390970.png

I do not think so. I think you are limited more by length than diameter. Pretty sure the stock length motor is the longest you can fit in it without modifications.

Stock Sledge motor is 4274 and almost hits the bellcrank. XMaxx motor is 4885. That does not look like 9mm between the back of the motor and the bellcrank.

View attachment 324157
Isn’t the Sledge motor a 4277mm motor, I think it’s just a tiny bit longer than a 4274. Either way, Slick is right. Unless you do some serious modding it won’t fit. Wouldn’t mind having one to mod a larger motor in it though….

Minus the Traxxas branding, they are doing a great job mimicking Arrma from a few years ago.

I think it would require a reversed motor mount, and likely an esc mount just to fit the chassis. Then there's the larger diameter which would likely need a raised motor mount, the proprietary one of a kind Xmaxx motor/mount, well there is the XRT so I guess it's 2 of a kind..no aftermarket motor mount will accept the Xmaxx/XRT motor that I know of. Of course you can buy an end bell for the Vilenion motor from M2C or WFO but, I don't think the Vilenion is anywhere near being worth all that to repurpose. I'd get the reverse mount, and drop a 4092 in it if you really wanna jazz it up.. I'm sure there's folks with a HW4985 installed too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back