max 6 1100kv 5687 motor fit my XMaxx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I was wondering if it will simply fit my XMaxx as is without any motor mount changes

I’ve got the max5/1100kv combo in my second Xmaxx using m2c mounts. I wouldn’t bother going max6/1100 and just go straight to the max5 with the 1100kv.

The large one on the left is what you need .

IMG_4652.JPG

I’ve got the max5/1100kv combo in my second Xmaxx using m2c mounts. I wouldn’t bother going max6/1100 and just go straight to the max5 with the 1100kv.
I am just upgrading from the stock system. The guy was selling for cheaper cuz he ordered the wrong one for his e revo.is this system a lot better then the stock one? Also how should the gearing work? What pinion gear and is it easy to make it work with different pinion sizes? So it isn’t possible to get this motor in with the stock gearing without a upgraded motor mount?

I don’t think the max6 is really desirable for the 1100kv. A max6 with the stock motor is great, I run that in one of my xmaxxs.

No the stock motor mount will not accommodate this motor or basically any motor other than stock.

I don’t think the max6 is really desirable for the 1100kv. A max6 with the stock motor is great, I run that in one of my xmaxxs.

No the stock motor mount will not accommodate this motor or basically any motor other than stock.
Why is the max 6 not good with that motor?

So what do I need to make this motor work in my XMaxx? Don’t I need mod 1.5 and a new motor mount?

Why is the max 6 not good with that motor?
It's not good because it will overheat unless you bash like an old lady. I mean think about it for a minute. People put max 6 in arrma 1/8th scale rigs. I have a kraton 6s with a max 6 and the wifey has one in a typhon 6s. There is no way I'd use the same esc in a 1/5th scale 🤣

You also don't need mod 1.5 but you do need good gears from say, saga custom rc. Personally I use the m2c Xmaxx motor mount with the bowhouse 8mm Cush drive shaft to use any 8mm pinion I want as a spur. You can find cheaper motor mounts on ebay if money is a concern.

It's not good because it will overheat unless you bash like an old lady. I mean think about it for a minute. People put max 6 in arrma 1/8th scale rigs. I have a kraton 6s with a max 6 and the wifey has one in a typhon 6s. There is no way I'd use the same esc in a 1/5th scale 🤣

You also don't need mod 1.5 but you do need good gears from say, saga custom rc. Personally I use the m2c Xmaxx motor mount with the bowhouse 8mm Cush drive shaft to use any 8mm pinion I want as a spur. You can find cheaper motor mounts on ebay if money is a concern.
Disclaimer: I don't have an X-Maxx.

But I do have a Losi SBR that weighs more than an X-Maxx. It uses a rebranded Max6 and a 5888 motor and it kicks ass. No heat issues.

So you run this same motor? Can you post a link for the stuff you use? Have you destroyed your XMaxx with more power? Mainly meaning drivetrain?

So you run this same motor? Can you post a link for the stuff you use? Have you destroyed your XMaxx with more power? Mainly meaning drivetrain?
The wifey has the max 5 1100kv kv combo in her xrt with zero problems to drive train. My Xmaxx has max 5 and a tp 5660 1460kv which is better than the hw motor and it is also fine with zero problems.

Even used some of the heaviest tires you can put on an Xmaxx 🤣

The wifey has the max 5 1100kv kv combo in her xrt with zero problems to drive train. My Xmaxx has max 5 and a tp 5660 1460kv which is better than the hw motor and it is also fine with zero problems.

Even used some of the heaviest tires you can put on an Xmaxx
So what exactly is the stuff I need to buy besides motor mount? Is there a place I can buy some mod 1.5 gears and the shaft as a set?

I had a max6 in my Xmaxx with stock motor and heated up fairly quickly. Went to a max5 and then upgraded to a HW 1100kv. Been very happy with that setup.

Like @Matt05 & @Moirae stated I wouldn’t even bother with the max6.

For motor mounts you have lots of options with WFO / M2C / Vitavon / or eBay special etc. I threw some links down below for some popular options.

WFO Motor Mount - link

M2C Motor Mount - Link

BowHouse RC Motor Mount - Link

Vitavon Motor Mount - Link

With a Max5 you will need an ESC plate or way to mount the max5. There are also various options out there from m2c and WFO to name a couple. The one linked below is the one that I currently use.

WFO ESC Plate

WFO Receiver Box

As far as gearing you can go mod1 or 1.5.

I use a BowHouse Cush drive and Saga mod 1 gears for my setup. Currently I'm geared at 25/42 for me. WFO & Vitavon also makes a cush drive / spurs shaft for it as well.

BowHouse Cush drive - link

WFO Cush / Spur Shaft - link

Vitavon Spurs Shaft Mod 1.5 Gears - link

Saga Mod 1 Gears - Link

Saga 1.5 Gears - link

Hope this helps.

I had a max6 in my Xmaxx with stock motor and heated up fairly quickly. Went to a max5 and then upgraded to a HW 1100kv. Been very happy with that setup.

Like @Matt05 & @Moirae stated I wouldn’t even bother with the max6.

For motor mounts you have lots of options with WFO / M2C / Vitavon / or eBay special etc. I threw some links down below for some popular options.

WFO Motor Mount - link

M2C Motor Mount - Link

BowHouse RC Motor Mount - Link

Vitavon Motor Mount - Link

With a Max5 you will need an ESC plate or way to mount the max5. There are also various options out there from m2c and WFO to name a couple. The one linked below is the one that I currently use.

WFO ESC Plate

WFO Receiver Box

As far as gearing you can go mod1 or 1.5.

I use a BowHouse Cush drive and Saga mod 1 gears for my setup. Currently I'm geared at 25/42 for me. WFO & Vitavon also makes a cush drive / spurs shaft for it as well.

BowHouse Cush drive - link

WFO Cush / Spur Shaft - link

Vitavon Spurs Shaft Mod 1.5 Gears - link

Saga Mod 1 Gears - Link

Saga 1.5 Gears - link

Hope this helps.
Thanks! I ordered a m2c mount and a Gpm mod 1.5 spur gear 35 tooth that fits on the Cush drive. What pinion will work? I don’t know what size will fit and what size I should get to not blow the stick tires

Thanks! I ordered a m2c mount and a Gpm mod 1.5 spur gear 35 tooth that fits on the Cush drive. What pinion will work? I don’t know what size will fit and what size I should get to not blow the stick tires
Not sure what size pinion would work on that M2C motor mount as I don't have one. I know on the m2c site they do say what gears they have tested with that setup. You could check there first.

http://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php#...100KV-AND-MORE/p/478044738/category=136127938

In regards to the tires tbh I blew the stock tires just upgrading to a max5 with the stock motor. You may want to look at some after market tires as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back