Typhon Will it run? Typhon with 130a esc and 2650kv on 4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
So I guess this is two questions:

1) I know this setup in the 1/8 scale typhon will technically "run", but just looking for a sanity check. Will it be underwhelming? Hard to cool? Bad cogging? I'd be using a 3700 mah, 100c, 4s lipo with gearing to match stock 6s speed (50ish mph). What kind of performance could i expect?

2) With the HH sale going on, is $370 for a typhon TLR a better buy for bashing over the typhon blx given my circumstances? I already have all my electronics (see background below) so the TLR would be cheaper overall (only ~25 bucks for an add on receiver). On the other hand, I know the TLR is not advertised as a "basher", and I have no plans to do any professional racing (i might try out the local track just for kicks).

Background (for those who care):

I've been eyeing a Typhon for a street/dirt speed basher with the HH sale going on. I currently have this 4s setup in a Traxxas Summit. 130a Spektrum with 4068 surpass motor. it seemed to stay cool when bashing with the 12 lb summit. The motor has the arrma 6s heat sink mounted on it. But i'm planning to sell the Summit since i don't really drive it anymore. I'll have the spare 4s system (plus the servo) and wondering if that would be good to put in a roller typhon. I currently have a KEXB with the 150a esc and 2050 motor. I will eventually upgrade that to and 8s system, and so that 6s system would go into the Typhon (if it was the TLR) eventually. Thus, I don't want to get yet another 6s system (if i buy the typhon blx) and not really have a use for the motor/esc in the future.

@K-BASH yeah i figured the motor would be okay on heat, i was more concerned about whether the 130a esc would be able to handle it.

I've run 150a an 4068-2650kv in senton 6s an it screamed..keep an eye on motor temps.light an fast.here it is on 5s.
What pinion were you runing if you happen to remember

What pinion were you runing if you happen to remember
cant remember,had the proline mx buggy tires so it was probly geared for 65-70 mph.without checking caculater id guess 20/46,,if you have a android get the free app.........rc gear caculater

cant remember,had the proline mx buggy tires so it was probly geared for 65-70 mph.without checking caculater id guess 20/46,,if you have a android get the free app.........rc gear caculater
Right on. I’m running a 4068 2650kv in my Typhon didn’t get above 130 on 4s w/ 18t. Think ima try 20 now!

Right on. I’m running a 4068 2650kv in my Typhon didn’t get above 130 on 4s w/ 18t. Think ima try 20 now!
Nice,

I just dropped in a max8 G2 combo into the TLR Typhon , can wait to give it a whirl at the track tomorrow. So far I’m starting at 17/46. Previous setup was a castle x8s with a 1515 .

The new motor is a 2500kv so I’m a little spooked hopefully it will be more manageable due to the lower torque of the shorter motor can.

Nice,

I just dropped in a max8 G2 combo into the TLR Typhon , can wait to give it a whirl at the track tomorrow. So far I’m starting at 17/46. Previous setup was a castle x8s with a 1515 .

The new motor is a 2500kv so I’m a little spooked hopefully it will be more manageable due to the lower torque of the shorter motor can.
That 2650 didn’t last long LoL. I have a 4076 2000kv in her now running on 19/50 and it zooms right along!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back