Typhon Will this 20t pinion work on Typhon 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been enjoying my 20t pinion. On foamie tires it flat rips. I suppose somewhere in the high 50's maybe low 60's is where it's at now in speed. When I put the F11's with Trenchers the motor gets very very hot though....

bringing this back up, anybody else have similar experience with the 20T as me?

I never even tried the 15T, put a 20T straight out of the box. went out for a minute on 2s and thought that it was underwhelming because I forgot I decided to start on 2s lol, so went right to 3s just to see. the thing flat out flys but both times with my 3200 45C 3s packs it thermals in about 5 minutes and I am running in the snow in 30 something degree weather. I am pretty sure its thermal because it just stops completely where as when running an older 2s pack I would hit soft lvc and then it would come and go. so I assume lvc isnt just a solid 100% cut like thermal is.

I am thinking of cutting the body right in front of the esc and also thinking maybe the issue was that snow was packing all the gaps between body and chassis so NO air was allowed to flow into the body but I cant be sure until I can drive it in something other than snow... thinking I might have to get the adjustable motor mount and step down to 18t or something.

Ran the 20t on mine and it was 170ish on the motor after about ten min. No way that is sustainable, at least in the warmer climates.

my temp guns screen would just flash on and off and I had no more AAA so I couldnt use it but the end of the can barely felt warm and neither did the heatsink. esc didnt really feel too warm to me either but you cant actually get your hands on the heatsink.

I use a 17t and it's a nice balance between high top speed and torque. Once it warms up I can pop wheelies and some cool moves with it!

Guess what, they are sold out everywhere. I've already looked. Thats why I posted this...
I ordered a yeti pinion and it works just fine
Guess what, they are sold out everywhere. I've already looked. Thats why I posted this...
AXIAL YETI 90026 & YETI XL 90032 STEEL #45 PINION GEAR 32 PITCH 17T - 1PC SET this works perfect

So I can kind of see what you're talking about if it's from a complete stop. It hesitates just a touch...but not NEARLY as bad as yours. Have you adjusted your punch setting? Mine is on 1...so maybe that's it? If I'm rolling at all, there is no hesitation at all.

I definitely find punch setting 1 and 2 a little low unless maybe at a short track for punch 2. I stick to 3 and stay away from 4 and 5 since my trigger finger can be a bit heavy at times :)

I know this thread is from a year ago but I just picked up a typhon 3s and installed a 20t pinion myself. I am having the same issues. It’s super lagging of the start and when I stop going up a hill and hit the gas even if it is a little bit it is choppy and then even cuts out.

I know this thread is from a year ago but I just picked up a typhon 3s and installed a 20t pinion myself. I am having the same issues. It’s super lagging of the start and when I stop going up a hill and hit the gas even if it is a little bit it is choppy and then even cuts out.
Care to share a short clip video?

Thats all i run in my 3s Typhon is a 20t pinion💪 💪
3s Ty.jpeg
BS,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back