Kraton Wing mount screws keep snapping in half

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well im definately in the market for a new wing mount, now. I went out in the yard just to drive it around. I figured i was safe with the broken wing mount since i was only driving in a flat lawn and i figured who knows how many times that car has tumbled before i noticed the broken screws. Well, i hit the brakes as it went over a bump or something and it cartwheeled for about 10-15 feet and it snaped the wing right off the car and bent the shock tower slightly. Figures the one time i took it out with a known issue it would bite me in the butt 🤣. So the overwhelming response is the 3drc mount but i have a few options for shock towers. Jennysrc has a set of the black oem towers for $10 a set or the red EXB towers for $35 or do i just pony up and get m2c tower for $48? $10 plus $5 for shipping from jennys for the stock rtr tower is hard to beat, then i can also grab a screw kit along with it. What route would you guys go with?

Late but I am with the other on 3DRC...his wing mount is the best and flexs so well it saves my wing and mount. I recommend his mount.

I have an EXB and I did not want to buy a higher-grade mount. I bought the M2C support for the shock mount and those two (M2C and 3DRC) have been greater to not break or bend screws and not bend the shock mount. I do not send mine to the moon either but you also see a bad crash can bend it as well without the correct support.

1660882465592.png
1660882513869.png

Sounds like you've learned a lesson about the extent of the cars capabilities! As such, I suspect that would be less likely to happen again. So I would replace with stock personally.
I usually opt for stock stuff since it's generally cheap and available. Also I generally don't have the money to be dropping on expensive M2c stuff....
Yea i don't really have the money to be dropping on m2c either but like i said this is the nicest rc car i have owned, it deserves the best wether i can afford it or not (kinda), and ATM i can. I mean i have about $1000 into the car with batteries and bits and peices (bumper, wheelie bar, fan/heatsink ect.) so whats another $50?
Late but I am with the other on 3DRC...his wing mount is the best and flexs so well it saves my wing and mount. I recommend his mount.

I have an EXB and I did not want to buy a higher-grade mount. I bought the M2C support for the shock mount and those two (M2C and 3DRC) have been greater to not break or bend screws and not bend the shock mount. I do not send mine to the moon either but you also see a bad crash can bend it as well without the correct support.

View attachment 237301View attachment 237302
Oh, i had no idea that brace existed, do you have to drill a hole? Aslo great idea but where mine is bent is on the ears, seems like thats the common place to bend since they stick out so far giving the most leverage and just being closer to the outside of the car to take the brunt of impacts. doesn't seem like that brace would help much.

The M2C shock tower brace takes the load off the diff from the shock tower getting hit during crashes and puts it on the center brace and chassis. Definitely worth the scratch to save the diff.

I bent my EXB tower and went to m2c. It’s extremely stout. Very impressed. Zero buyers remorse. In fact, it’s so well built and machined I feel like they should be charging more for it.

Yea i don't really have the money to be dropping on m2c either but like i said this is the nicest rc car i have owned, it deserves the best wether i can afford it or not (kinda), and ATM i can. I mean i have about $1000 into the car with batteries and bits and peices (bumper, wheelie bar, fan/heatsink ect.) so whats another $50?

Oh, i had no idea that brace existed, do you have to drill a hole? Aslo great idea but where mine is bent is on the ears, seems like thats the common place to bend since they stick out so far giving the most leverage and just being closer to the outside of the car to take the brunt of impacts. doesn't seem like that brace would help much.
You do have to drill the extra hole for each side, but they provide the drill bit. There is a full video showing how to do so. If you do as stated above it does travel that force away from the mount.

Last edited:
Well im definately in the market for a new wing mount, now. I went out in the yard just to drive it around. I figured i was safe with the broken wing mount since i was only driving in a flat lawn and i figured who knows how many times that car has tumbled before i noticed the broken screws. Well, i hit the brakes as it went over a bump or something and it cartwheeled for about 10-15 feet and it snaped the wing right off the car and bent the shock tower slightly. Figures the one time i took it out with a known issue it would bite me in the butt 🤣. So the overwhelming response is the 3drc mount but i have a few options for shock towers. Jennysrc has a set of the black oem towers for $10 a set or the red EXB towers for $35 or do i just pony up and get m2c tower for $48? $10 plus $5 for shipping from jennys for the stock rtr tower is hard to beat, then i can also grab a screw kit along with it. What route would you guys go with?
up to you with the shock towers mine are all m2c apart from my talion exb I have bent my exb towers but not the m2c depends have much you want to spend really

The M2C shock tower brace takes the load off the diff from the shock tower getting hit during crashes and puts it on the center brace and chassis. Definitely worth the scratch to save the diff.

I bent my EXB tower and went to m2c. It’s extremely stout. Very impressed. Zero buyers remorse. In fact, it’s so well built and machined I feel like they should be charging more for it.
I wasnt thinking about taking the stress of the bulkhead, makes sense

up to you with the shock towers mine are all m2c apart from my talion exb I have bent my exb towers but not the m2c depends have much you want to spend really
I don't wanna spend anything but im kinda torn between a set of exb towers for 35 or the rear m2c tower for 48. Theres also the set of stock rtr versions for 10 but we know how that goes so im not really considering those.

I would go with Basherqueens shock towers. Unless you plan on getting the M2C rear tower braces since your not drilling through that carbon to install them unless you have specific tooling. I say this because they are equally strong but lighter and weight is the enemy. I have m2c in back and Basherqueens in front because of this reason. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1543880116...yjbdsxtqgc&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I don't wanna spend anything but im kinda torn between a set of exb towers for 35 or the rear m2c tower for 48. Theres also the set of stock rtr versions for 10 but we know how that goes so im not really considering those.
you can get stock towers and if you bend them just take em off and straighten them with a hammer thats what I did before you could get upgrades for a long time

is the 3drc low profile wing mount only for the talion?
It fits Typhon 6s and Talion 6s, but it way less durable then the High profile.

Low profile has too little flex and breaks easily.

Last edited:
well i just bought the m2c rear tower and im about to go buy the 3drc wing mount (high) right after i post this. now i gotta get the screws out of my bulkhead and find something to replace them with. i like the idea of longer screws with a nut on the other side but where to get the screw from? unbrako was mentioned earlier in the thread but it looks like they sell screws like mcmaster does, by size, so what size screws do i need (for the wing mount)?

well i just bought the m2c rear tower and im about to go buy the 3drc wing mount (high) right after i post this. now i gotta get the screws out of my bulkhead and find something to replace them with. i like the idea of longer screws with a nut on the other side but where to get the screw from? unbrako was mentioned earlier in the thread but it looks like they sell screws like mcmaster does, by size, so what size screws do i need (for the wing mount)?
Wing mount comes with screws.

Be sure to use code : Arrma Forum for 5% off.

Suggest buying a bolt kit from a tear down at jennysrc.com

Stay tuned. Sunday I will be releasing a mid size mount that adds a little length and height to aid in durability for the low profile guys. 👍

just get longer screws from model shop and put the right size nut on I have done that on a few of my cars then if they snap again you can get them out. I got some unbrako screws from westfield fasteners in the uk

I'd suggest you just buy a whole set of longer M3 screws
https://www.amazon.com/iExcell-Stai...&qid=1661005094&sprefix=m3+40mm,aps,85&sr=8-4

and some nylock nuts
https://www.amazon.com/cSeao-100pcs...223&sprefix=m3+40mm+locking+nut,aps,71&sr=8-3

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back