Kraton Wing upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tekno has dimples so you can drill your own holes. It doesn’t come with holes
ok, so no pre-drilled holes on the Tekno TKR5292W :) my local online hobbystore carries it and shows this picture,
that's why i never bought it ;) they only have it in white though.
tkr5292w_medium.jpg

[I agree, a more flexible rear wing may help somewhat with the durability of the V3 Talion rear wing mount from breaking, but ultimately, I think the rear wing mount also needs to be more flexible. Another option would be to try boiling the V3 Talion rear wing & mount? Besides my Kraton & Talion wing mounts & rear wings, I have some spare suspension arms, etc, I may try using this boiling procedure. I colour dyed (boiled) some RC parts years ago, and believe this also made the parts more flexible and durable.[/QUOTE]

The Talion V3 wing is really rigid compared to the Yeah Racing and the Revo wing, i believe the Tekno is similar to these, flexible.
The wing mount should be made of a more durable nylon from the beginning such as RPM's, just compare the a-arms.
Boiling might help but up to a certain point, boiling too long may make it more brittle ?
Like Slogrits said the RPM is the best wing mount at the moment, we can only hope that RPM releases a low profile wing mount.

[I agree, a more flexible rear wing may help somewhat with the durability of the V3 Talion rear wing mount from breaking, but ultimately, I think the rear wing mount also needs to be more flexible. Another option would be to try boiling the V3 Talion rear wing & mount? Besides my Kraton & Talion wing mounts & rear wings, I have some spare suspension arms, etc, I may try using this boiling procedure. I colour dyed (boiled) some RC parts years ago, and believe this also made the parts more flexible and durable.

The Talion V3 wing is really rigid compared to the Yeah Racing and the Revo wing, i believe the Tekno is similar to these, flexible.
The wing mount should be made of a more durable nylon from the beginning such as RPM's, just compare the a-arms.
Boiling might help but up to a certain point, boiling too long may make it more brittle ?
Like Slogrits said the RPM is the best wing mount at the moment, we can only hope that RPM releases a low profile wing mount.[/QUOTE]
ok, so no pre-drilled holes on the Tekno TKR5292W :) my local online hobbystore carries it and shows this picture,
that's why i never bought it ;) they only have it in white though.
View attachment 19281
that is what I have, it is kinda stiff. I destroyed the first two Kraton wings I bought. The wing rips wher e the two washers mount on top. The Tekno has just lasted longer. I am a destroyer of wings and wing mounts. If they could be made of hard rubber it might help. I think making a brace that mounts a secure point that stops the side to side movements is key, and also stop the wing from bending forward until it’s vertical.

What kind of jumping are you all doing to break these wings, is it cold weather related?

I have more breakage from traction rolls and somersaults or small jumps than large ones. More time to correct on large jumps.

Last edited:
Never had a wing rip from the washers, neither the Yeah or the Revo does that, they do break though but it's usually in the back on one of the ribs. I agree that the wing could be more flexible, but making out of rubber might be hard, if you make it out of thin rubber it's probably not gonna be able to hold it's shape very good. If you make out of thicker rubber it would weigh a lot.
About the wingmount, here's some pics of my Revo wingmount, been used on a E-Revo 6S for a long time, looks like hell but whole.
It should'nt be that hard to design a wing mount that holds up, if Traxxas could do it so could Arrma.
Also the Revo wings hold up good, the carbon is fake but this wing have really survived a lot. The hole's does not match Arrma though.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 127
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 124
I actually have a MT410 on the way. No Wing!! I have replaced about everything on my Kraton it is pretty bulletproof except for the wing and wing mounts. Comapared to the Tekno “my dads” the Kraton with its weight and length is its own beast. Tekno think Tasmanian Devil on 4s.
Still would like to solve the wing problem. I love the Kraton.

Last edited:
What is the part number for those turnbuckles?
Gone through a couple of gear boxes doing that. At least RPM replaces the wing mounts. It is easier to replace the mounts. My screws were the right size. I have three sets of RPMs for my Kraton.

Gone through a couple of gear boxes doing that. At least RPM replaces the wing mounts. It is easier to replace the mounts. My screws were the right size. I have three sets of RPMs for my Kraton.
I agree, using the turnbuckles for extra wing mount support, I believe will put too much pressure on the gearbox. I would like to see RPM &/or TBR re-design a new wing mount for both the Kraton/Outcast & V3 Talion, as their wing mounts looks like they could be made using a thicker material, which should make a big difference on the durability issues. RPM's material is very flexible which is good, so maybe just need them to make the wing mount thicker? TBR stopped making their wing mount, probably due to too many warranty claims, and not sure if they have plans for a new one? Maybe RPM will redesign their wing mount, if they get too many warranty claims, but wonder if the wing problem is partially due to Arrma's design?

Are you guys going through a lot of rear stop braces also? Almost at the point to pay $40.00 for the GKA one.

Are you guys going through a lot of rear stop braces also? Almost at the point to pay $40.00 for the GKA one.
Good question. Since only GKA makes the REAR BRACE STOP, I also wonder how often this part is broken? Will this upgrade part only help if not running a rear wing, or does it help the rear wing mount from not breaking as much? The GKA brace is only about $20 USD, unless shipping, etc, is that much?

PS has anyone tried using Arrma's optional aluminum wing posts that are cnc machined? I wonder if these are just for show, or would actually help the rear wing mount from twisting as much and breaking, or if these aluminum posts would possibly cause even more rear wing breakage???
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320217

I have tried the turnbuckle braces, worked nice. Read about some been having problems with the gearbox breaking, since i don't have a spare and the gearbox cases are on back order here in Europe I decided to take another approach. The Voltage Hobbies suspension mount seems nice, but can't get a hold of one.
Anyway, decided to make a piece of delrin that is attached on top of the suspension mount and bolted the turnbuckles to that, the idea is that the shock impact is more distributed. Also used longer screws into the gearbox, what do you guys think ?

14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg

Good question. Since only GKA makes the REAR BRACE STOP, I also wonder how often this part is broken? Will this upgrade part only help if not running a rear wing, or does it help the rear wing mount from not breaking as much? The GKA brace is only about $20 USD, unless shipping, etc, is that much?

PS has anyone tried using Arrma's optional aluminum wing posts that are cnc machined? I wonder if these are just for show, or would actually help the rear wing mount from twisting as much and breaking, or if these aluminum posts would possibly cause even more rear wing breakage???
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320217

I have never broken a rear brace stop, but who knows......
The Arrma wing posts are probably not gonna help anything, they sure look nice and you can tighten the screws harder, but thats it.
Flex and the right material is the key I think.

I have never broken a rear brace stop, but who knows......
The Arrma wing posts are probably not gonna help anything, they sure look nice and you can tighten the screws harder, but thats it.
Flex and the right material is the key I think.
I agree, some flex is needed. I was just wondering if maybe the rear wing mount was maybe flexing too much, and maybe the aluminum mount posts may help this a little bit, but maybe not...

Arrma makes one heck of a great durable RTR, why not the rear wing mount too..

Never had a wing rip from the washers, neither the Yeah or the Revo does that, they do break though but it's usually in the back on one of the ribs. I agree that the wing could be more flexible, but making out of rubber might be hard, if you make it out of thin rubber it's probably not gonna be able to hold it's shape very good. If you make out of thicker rubber it would weigh a lot.
About the wingmount, here's some pics of my Revo wingmount, been used on a E-Revo 6S for a long time, looks like hell but whole.
It should'nt be that hard to design a wing mount that holds up, if Traxxas could do it so could Arrma.
Also the Revo wings hold up good, the carbon is fake but this wing have really survived a lot. The hole's does not match Arrma though.
I think part of what helps the revo mount hold up so well is what it's mounted to. The body mount/tower flexes a lot. Even with the rear brace on a revo, the top part still flexes a lot and twists a lot on impact. That combined with a fairly flexible wing makes it last a long time. I have 3 revos (2 nitro, one brushless) and I've only replaced a wing or wing mount a couple times in the 8+ years I've been running them.

I also a swapped out the wing on my redcat be6s with a Revo wing due to breakage on first run. Granted it was fairly cold on thanksgiving.

On tomahawk Kraton I fabbed an extension for a few reasons. One being reinforcement of the already strong HR mount, second being the rise of height to accommodate the summit body, third lowering and extending the talion wheelie bar. Also fabbed a small top plate of cf across the mounting holes because I had seen the screw points rip through.

More pictures of the build: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-tp-4070cm-2200kv-on-6s.5381/
872F01FE-F26C-4CC1-A6F4-A81705E81168.jpeg
2F8F12BF-CDEC-439B-8047-3A170BC79BFA.jpeg
A9389B66-0E8B-4F6B-A234-CD447821BC56.jpeg
386C81F5-A456-4B92-97C6-AEF5039DFB08.jpeg

Last edited:
I was tired of snapping wing mounts so i have gone for the add extra support till ya can't fit anymore in approach. I just used 50 x 50 x 3mm aluminum angle cut and file to fit.View attachment 20105 View attachment 20106

I also a swapped out the wing on my redcat be6s with a Revo wing due to breakage on first run. Granted it was fairly cold on thanksgiving.

On tomahawk Kraton I fabbed an extension for a few reasons. One being reinforcement of the already strong HR mount, second being the rise of height to accommodate the summit body, third lowering and extending the talion wheelie bar. Also fabbed a small top plate of cf across the mounting holes because I had seen the screw points rip through.

More pictures of the build: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/anyone-running-tp-4070cm-2200kv-on-6s.5381/
View attachment 20126 View attachment 20127 View attachment 20128 View attachment 20129

Great work ! This is my low profile wing mount for the Talion V3 made out of PE-HD. Will know this weekend how it's gonna hold up.

2.jpg

1.jpg

I have had my Kraton for a month and broke the original wing early on. RPM wing mount and added a wheelie bar and a new ARRMA Kraton wing. One run and I broke the new wing (tail landing). Is there a rubber wing or something more durable out there?
How did you break the wing itself?! Must have been something extra super hard landings. I ask because the stock wing on my brand new Kraton is SUPER flexible, you can deform it a lot without breaking it... now the mount seems like it could be a different story...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back