Kraton Wing upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an image I found on this forum thought myself it was a great idea. It's one I'm going to try but have not yet

It actually works damn good for the Kraton, Talion, & Typhon (non-truggified). But the Outcast can wreck itself on ground level with all the backflipping so I had to go a little crazy on the reinforcements & mostly take the mount out of the equation. I also broken too many wings on that truck so I don't even run it with the wing anymore. Only a super-flexible or rubbery wing can save that. The same goes for the Siren, Truggified Typhon, Kraton w/ Backflips, or any car you can setup to do a standing backflip. One wrong landing & it's bye-bye wing & mount.

Took the idea and made up a pair of CF supports for my Typhon just today ...
DSCF0452.JPG

Well...i got inspired as well....since you guys started...i also started and finish! :)
IMG_7388.JPG
IMG_7389.JPG
IMG_7388.JPG
IMG_7391.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7390.JPG
    IMG_7390.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 64
Wow you guys work fast. What are the parts called so I can do the same.
s635745890691283592_p36_i4_w2560.jpeg

s635745890691283592_p36_i1_w2560.jpeg

https://www.voltagehobbies.com/stor..._Kraton,_Talion,_Typhon,_Senton,_Outcast.html

You will need also this great update from voltage hobbies the (RR) Rear-Rear) Lower Suspension Mount, they have a hole on the sides..so you can use that, to put them together.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-D...456539&hash=item33a7abfac7:g:7fQAAOSwPcVV0l2A

Is something like this you will need.... but check the length...you must have at least a shaft of 80mm and with the tie rod end you can adjust to what you need, in this case about 100.5mm

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-6...849777?hash=item1a3f854af1:g:EdQAAOSwW6BaEyY0

Steel balls to make like a spacer --> 2

s-l500.jpg

Also you may use this spacers --> 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-3X...601829&hash=item4667a66574:g:XOEAAOSw4ERZbTHF

Off course you can use other parts.....These was the parts that i had on this time...Kyosho parts.

DSCF0460.JPG
Mine were similar, but lighter being made with Carbon fiber rods.
Similar to above the ball ends were old kyosho spares & ball ends from an MP-6.
I threaded @ 1" of 4-40 stainless screw into ball ends and cut off the screw head.
Figured my eye to eye length and cut the CF rod to get at that figure.
JB weld epoxied the @ 3/4" of threads into each end of the CF rod ( Which was a light slip fit )
Placed a small piece of heat shrink on each end to hold position and make the install look a bit cleaner.

machined my own aluminum stubs to fit into the rear toe plate mount holes and used longer 25mm screws x2.
up top on wing made 2 short V head washers to fit the wing mount, longer 20mm screws each side & done.

** I opted to mount on upper wing too the forward most screw position and keep the struts tucked in far as practical. Being buggy is fun raced & getting rear ended happens time to time it hopefully will keep them alive longer allowing the bumper to take the brunt of the impact and not the support braces !!!

Last edited:
Great, glad i found this thread, been looking for a solution for that damn Talion V3 wing mount.

I can recommend this wing from Yeah Racing, very similar to the Revo wing but a bit larger, also
the flexibility is about the same. Yeah Racing YA-0181

yrac_ya-0181bk_1.jpg

I have been using the rpm mounts with no issues.. mostly. They are a bit tweaked but haven't broken. As for a wing, I'm using the Outcast wing. It's seen some abuse and hasn't broken yet .

:) Thought i was looking at my RPM wing mount, mine looks exactly the same

I have tried the braces and ripped the screws out of the gearbox and other havoc. The best thing so fat is rpm wing mounts. When they bend boil them for two minutes then reshape them. Doing this to my current wing mount it has last for about 5 batteries. I also plan a little more before I jump. Always be able to see where it takes off and lands.

I have a more permanent solution but it is in the works and I think will keep the wing mounts from breaking at all or seldomly.

I have tried the braces and ripped the screws out of the gearbox and other havoc. The best thing so fat is rpm wing mounts. When they bend boil them for two minutes then reshape them. Doing this to my current wing mount it has last for about 5 batteries. I also plan a little more before I jump. Always be able to see where it takes off and lands.

I have a more permanent solution but it is in the works and I think will keep the wing mounts from breaking at all or seldomly.

Thanks for the advice, it seems like a good solution although when you strengthen something up something else will break, true.
I will try to boil and reshape the RPM mount, like you say they have lasted the longest. Looking forward to the permanent solution.

What kind of jumping are you all doing to break these wings, is it cold weather related?

In my case and a lot of others it's not the wing that breaks, it's the wing mount. Having a more flexible wing is thought to put
less strain on the wing mount. Cold weather do affect plastics but in my case it's in the middle of summer, 25dgr C

You guys may have something there. When I compare my rear wing on my LP V3 Talion, the rear wing on my 2018 Kraton definitely has "more flex" to it. This is probably the reason why the new LP Talion rear wing mount seems to break more easily, as both the wing & mount seem too stiff. When I compare, the Kraton wing seems to be a more flexible material, but also more flexible due to it's 1" wider & taller design. I notice the rear wing mount seems to have more flex also, probably due to being much taller/longer, compared to the much shorter LP Talion design. Comparing side-by-side, the Kraton wing really looks quite a bit larger, which helps to explain some of this.

I agree, a more flexible rear wing may help somewhat with the durability of the V3 Talion rear wing mount from breaking, but ultimately, I think the rear wing mount also needs to be more flexible. Another option would be to try boiling the V3 Talion rear wing & mount? Besides my Kraton & Talion wing mounts & rear wings, I have some spare suspension arms, etc, I may try using this boiling procedure. I colour dyed (boiled) some RC parts years ago, and believe this also made the parts more flexible and durable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back