Wl toys 144001 DIY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slappy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

I took the drivetrain of a wltoys 144001 and designed a chassis around it for a capstone class at my college. It’s printed with ABS but I plan on reprinting it in nylon for even higher impact resistance and flexibility. I built this in SolidWorks over the course of a couple months. I plan on releasing a kit on Bambu Studio and 3d cults for the ultimate hobbyists and DIYers. So far it’s been a rad budget build using parts from aliexpress and Amazon.

This is version 2.0. The first car I designed was an 1/8th scale powered by Senton 3s blx electronics. It broke immediately because hobby grade plastic wasn’t strong enough to handle the power and plastic poor strength to weight ratio at that scale. They’re really not kidding when they say built arrma tough.

Until a company makes a 400x400mm enclosed high temp printer that isn’t 4 grand, I’ll stick to this platform.

image.jpg

View attachment 354726

I took the drivetrain of a wltoys 144001 and designed a chassis around it for a capstone class at my college. It’s printed with ABS but I plan on reprinting it in nylon for even higher impact resistance and flexibility. I built this in SolidWorks over the course of a couple months. I plan on releasing a kit on Bambu Studio and 3d cults for the ultimate hobbyists and DIYers. So far it’s been a rad budget build using parts from aliexpress and Amazon.

This is version 2.0. The first car I designed was an 1/8th scale powered by Senton 3s blx electronics. It broke immediately because hobby grade plastic wasn’t strong enough to handle the power and plastic poor strength to weight ratio at that scale. They’re really not kidding when they say built arrma tough.

Until a company makes a 400x400mm enclosed high temp printer that isn’t 4 grand, I’ll stick to this platform.

View attachment 354728
That’s cool! How does the wltoys 3d print design run? Update us on the durabilty sometime.

Back