Would you dispose of this battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Zeee 4S 7ah. A year or two old. Little bit of puff but not too bad. Balances slowly but successfully.

1689511929220.jpeg

IR values will be obscured while in the charging state, charge it up to 💯.. then let's see that value, after that, throw it in a rig and run it for about 10 mins and then throw it on the charger again, observing it's behavior for a few cycles will give you a better idea.. anything above 20 milliohm's is "cooked" they say

IR values will be obscured while in the charging state, charge it up to 💯.. then let's see that value, after that, throw it in a rig and run it for about 10 mins and then throw it on the charger again, observing it's behavior for a few cycles will give you a better idea.. anything above 20 milliohm's is "cooked" they say
Great information dude!
I usually charge all my lipos at .5 to 1 amp less than what you can. Less chance of puffing and they last longer. Not much of a power loss at all. I'm not racing.

The real question is what are you running it in and how hard is it going to be pushed? There's no such thing as an IR limit in my books, just limitations for what you should use a lipo for. For example, if that was a small 2000 mah 4s, would I still use it in a 4s capable crawler with that IR? Yes.

I have known my hota charger to throw out some pretty varied IR during initial charging and then it settles down and the cells IR get closer together at the end of the charge. Might be worth seeing what IR it's at at full charge. I'd do some more testing, get some cycles in, and see if you consistently get higher IR. If so, then you'll have to determine your level of risk tolerance. The limitation of that pack is that that one cell will always run hot, drain lower, and continue to get worse faster than the others.

Should I keep the good three cells? They seem to be in great shape.

Has anyone done that and/or know of a good tutorial?

There are a few videos floating around YouTube for doing this. You could also talk to @olds97lss as he has done it many times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back