How would I diagnose this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corywest

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
My Senton BLX started behaving oddly today and I'm not sure how to diagnose the issue. On a fully charged battery and with good batteries in the remote, it runs normally for a few minutes, then it only clicks/jitters repeatedly in response to throttle for a few minutes, then it doesn't respond at all. If I turn it off and on again the cycle repeats.

It's a stock BLX in case that helps.

Ideas?

I would personally diagnose that as a bad esc and baseball throw it into the nearest trash can.

What’s the esc lights doing when that happens?

I agree it's probably the ESC. But if you want to prove it you will need to swap some parts and do some tests.

Maybe disconnect everything from your RX except for the ESC. That way you know it's not some gremlin creeping in from the LED bar or something.

You might start with checking all your connections to your RX, battery, servos, etc. If something is shorting out after it warms up that will be an issue.
Also try re-calibrating your ESC. Not sure why but they do get out of whack sometimes.
Check all the settings on your transmitter. I have a Radiolink that I use for 3 different models and I have accidentally run it with the wrong model set.

Here's what it looks like after it starts failing but before complete non-response: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LBjU7Rjwr1jb61m66

Fortunately I have an equivalent Hobbywing motor and ESC here so I can swap those out if it comes to that.

Hmmm.

Check your antenna wire to make sure it's not getting any interference from something. Like is it up against your ESC or wires?

After than I would try to reset everything and re-calibrate, then start swapping parts if it's not working.

I would swap out the esc first if you can to rule that out as bad or good.

I would personally diagnose that as a bad esc and baseball throw it into the nearest trash can.

What’s the esc lights doing when that happens?
I would try to do a warranty claim. The BLX100 despite lacking in features is actually a pretty good esc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back