Felony XLX2 1100KV questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested in putting an XLX2 1100kv Castle set up in my Felony. Just wondering what else I'll need to accomplish this besides the ESC/Motor combo.
A motor mount capable of a 30mm motor bolt spacing. @PPS-RC is my choice.

What about gearing? Looking for a balance between top end and street bashing to start. Also, what gear weight should I use in the diffs?
Speed runs and street bashing are two polar opposite ends of the gearing rainbow. Just buy two gears. One for each.

I am interested in putting an XLX2 1100kv Castle set up in my Felony. Just wondering what else I'll need to accomplish this besides the ESC/Motor combo.
Are you planning to use this motor setup for speed runs?
The 1100kv is very low.

Most general parking lot cars do better with something up around 1650kv

If speed is the goal then by all means get a Limitless spool in there and large pinion. The 1100kv will do great for speed use.

As @jondilly1974 said, street bashing and speedruns are polar opposites. Building a car to do both is asking for disaster, not only from gearing, but also heat, suspension alignment, tires and tire wear, shock settings, etc.

"Most general parking lot cars do better with something up around 1650kv"

Am I better off with a MMX8 and a 1520 motor? How about an XLX2 and the 1520 motor? I figure with the XLX2 I'll have room to grow. For now I am mostly going to bash... once I get board with that I may start speed running.

"Most general parking lot cars do better with something up around 1650kv"

Am I better off with a MMX8 and a 1520 motor? How about an XLX2 and the 1520 motor? I figure with the XLX2 I'll have room to grow. For now I am mostly going to bash... once I get board with that I may start speed running.
The MMX8S/1717-1650 is a great setup and plenty of power. If you want to go above 150mph, then you will need an XLX2 and likely a faster motor. Most use a TP 56xx for going above 150’s. But for a bashing setup, the MMX8S/1717-1650 will be plenty fast enough. It will also be plenty of power to get into the 140’s if you want to start speed running.

The MMX8S/1717-1650 is a great setup and plenty of power. If you want to go above 150mph, then you will need an XLX2 and likely a faster motor. Most use a TP 56xx for going above 150’s. But for a bashing setup, the MMX8S/1717-1650 will be plenty fast enough. It will also be plenty of power to get into the 140’s if you want to start speed running.
I'll probably just get the MMX8s and the 1520 because it's the same motor as the 1717 but in a smaller can size. That way I don't have to change much. Thanks guys!

I'll probably just get the MMX8s and the 1520 because it's the same motor as the 1717 but in a smaller can size. That way I don't have to change much. Thanks guys!
The 1520 you have to turn the motor mount around and lose a battery tray, I think. The 1717 fits the stock location. They have the same performance

Can vouch for the MMX 17 series 1650kv.

Have one in my Mojave. Plenty fast and bashable!!

Hardest thing about wanting to go fast and bash with the same machine is keeping it on the pavement when you want to do "speed runs".

Back