Your daily drivers; cars, trucks, other vehicles, memory lane & current rides all real.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this is a truck! Tall side walls, meaty lugs, straight axles. I love Excursions, I wish I would have bought the Powerstroker that looked at years ago. This is a vehicle that you keep!
To my way of thinking the Excursion and the Suburban of old days with the straight axles and V8 power are the best of two worlds.
They run great and can haul the groceries then when the weekend comes you can wheel the poop out of them, hose them out and go to work on Monday.
The newest breed of trucks with the IFS and turbo engines are a joke.
Not much of a truck really since the man bun crowd and soccer moms all think they look cool.
Soft suspensions and way too many distractions in the cab to really be useful.
My F150 has BDS coil overs front and rear, BDS upper control arms in the front and Firestone air bags in the rear with Deaver leafs and the ride is nice and still not jarring but stiff.
Stock it felt like crap towing now it feels good and solid.
Unfortunately I am the 1 percent that uses a truck for what they are so I am destined to mod them and make them useful.
Lastly but far from least, the idiots that throw gadgets to already under performing pigs like winch bumpers and winches, tire racks with huge tires, lifts and huge tires without anything done to gears or brakes and then they complain it is slow and won't stop.
Light bars and leds everywhere for a mall crawler and yet not a one will take them and flog them through a mud hole or up a rutted and rocky hill.
They want an image but it is only superficial without real money and sweat into hard parts that are weak anyhow.
Sorry for the rant.
As you were.

Last edited:
Memory lane.
1975 firebird formula.
loaded
A/c
Power windows
My uncle bought it brand new then he died and I got it. It had 47,000 original miles on it when I got it.
second pic was me and my sister. Dad just painted that car. +or- 1985 ish?

4DEC92DE-41DB-439B-9FC1-05AF6FF7D996.jpeg
1C820301-8A7A-462F-B835-C95047F2ADB8.jpeg

Beautiful car

That's about 650 hp isn't it?

Ever drive a 1000 hp Jeep Gladiator with a Helephant, 8 speed auto and one tons ?
Love the old Chevy pickups btw.

Any pics of said Hellephant?
Oh most certainly I do.
There are more pics of Hellcat and Demon swaps on my computer than you might imagine as that is what our son does.
I get to ride or drive everyone he builds.
Please take note the lockouts have his logo on them and the headlights has AMW 8 LUG laser engraved on the lense.
If you would like to see more please let me know.

8884.jpg

8926.jpg

8924.jpg

8919.jpg

8916.jpg

8915.jpg

8892.jpg

8898.jpg

8856.jpg

8115.jpg

8119.jpg

Oh most certainly I do.
There are more pics of Hellcat and Demon swaps on my computer than you might imagine as that is what our son does.
I get to ride or drive everyone he builds.
Please take note the lockouts have his logo on them and the headlights has AMW 8 LUG laser engraved on the lense.
If you would like to see more please let me know.

View attachment 145398

View attachment 145399

View attachment 145400

View attachment 145401

View attachment 145402

View attachment 145403

View attachment 145404

View attachment 145405

View attachment 145406

View attachment 145407

View attachment 145408
Man, that’s a nice one! We’ve got a shop here in Boone called rubitrux, they’ve been doing hemi conversions for about five years now. A little too rich for my blood. I could never see spending 100k on anything with a jeep logo..but the cool factor is off the chain!! Thanks for sharing 😎
Man, that’s a nice one! We’ve got a shop here in Boone called rubitrux, they’ve been doing hemi conversions for about five years now. A little too rich for my blood. I could never see spending 100k on anything with a jeep logo..but the cool factor is off the chain!! Thanks for sharing 😎
I’ve been around the fast stuff since 1975. This is me and my dad back in 75’ that’s a fuel funny car powered by a Keith Black 426 hemi.. ahhh, the early nitro cars were another world👍🏼
16AD1FAE-DAFB-4714-83DA-CFE01F6FE942.jpeg

Last edited:
IS THAT A FORD F@!KING RANGER!?!?!?!
I regret letting go of that one. I wasn't getting enough play time in the hills, so I got something more practical. :banghead: She was no monster, but she was a solid reliable 4x4. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back