Your daily drivers; cars, trucks, other vehicles, memory lane & current rides all real.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice truck! I’ve got a 2019 Sport I got a great deal on it. I love that Black Forest green
It’s basically black... I didn’t know it was green until my buddy had it washed after I test drove it LOL. I wanted the gray/silver crew cab sport with the 6’4” bed but for the deal I got, I sucked it up lol. It drives great. I’ll get a bed extender if need be. The back seat is huge! Plenty of room for my rc stuff! And 3 kids of course haha

Picked up a certified pre owned Black Forest green 2020 ram 1500 last week. Couldn’t pass up the deal. It’s not my ideal choice in color/chrome and bed length but it was a steal. My buddy works at a dealer and picked up for me at cost. Can’t wait to make it my own!

View attachment 137004

View attachment 137005
So is it black or green lol

So is it black or green lol
It depends on how the sun hits it. It looks black most of the time but has green sparkles. I have to do some paint correction. Hopefully it will make the green stand out more. Whoever owned before me didn’t wash it correctly. There’s swirls and light scratches from a crappy drive thru car wash allover it. A little cutting and polishing will make the paint pop.... at least I hope haha

Ranger reduced.jpg

This was my last ride, Ranger 4x4, nothing fancy but I loved that truck. :)

I don't like how half the cars you see are SUV's, though only a few of em are used for off-roading/hauling stuff.

Why would you buy an SUV if you won't use it? Isn't a hatch or station wagon a better, cheaper choice?

I don't like how half the cars you see are SUV's, though only a few of em are used for off-roading/hauling stuff.

Why would you buy an SUV if you won't use it? Isn't a hatch or station wagon a better, cheaper choice?
The true problem to me is the term SUV .
There is nothing sporty about a utility vehicle and that is fine with me.
Two completely different worlds with totally different requirements.
Marketing telling us how great a mediocre vehicle is, yet reality will tell a different story.

The true problem to me is the term SUV .
There is nothing sporty about a utility vehicle and that is fine with me.
Two completely different worlds with totally different requirements.
Marketing telling us how great a mediocre vehicle is, yet reality will tell a different story.
That's why I like to say that a 'true SUV' is an ATV.

The only 'good' on-road SUVs imo are luxury SUVs because of the road presence, soft suspension and hight (to stand above the poor people in s-classes). There's a reason rich people used to always ride horses

You wouldn't believe how many lifted pickups I've seen thru the years with 35" and up tires that are never driven offroad. They're clean like a Corvette. Some kind of hillbilly Nashville thing.

Any hatch with an equivalent high driver position looks silly. Once you have the highground...

Lots of considerations why we own 2 SUVs.

#1 considerably more safe than a car chassis in a collision.
#2 ride height and better visibility
#3 we have 3 kids and we buy SUVs that feature the 3rd row seating. (didn't want a mini-van)

Never considered them for off-road use. That was not really what these models that we purchased were made for.

#3 we have 3 kids and we buy SUVs that feature the 3rd row seating. (didn't want a mini-van)
Mini-Vans kick ass! you don't know what your missing! :ROFLMAO: I happen to have one of the ugliest mini-vans available, (Ford Transit Connect) and I don't have kids. I bought it to haul my RC planes around. (y)

I miss the visibility my Ranger had, which is funny because the windshield in my van is huge, just wish it sat higher.

Mini-Vans kick ass! you don't know what your missing! :ROFLMAO: I happen to have one of the ugliest mini-vans available, (Ford Transit Connect) and I don't have kids. I bought it to haul my RC planes around. (y)

I miss the visibility my Ranger had, which is funny because the windshield in my van is huge, just wish it sat higher.

I had tried to talk my wife into a mini-van as it is the most practical solution for what we need, but she refused.
Our main family SUV does have the captains chairs in the middle row like a mini-van has.

Lots of considerations why we own 2 SUVs.

#1 considerably more safe than a car chassis in a collision.

Never considered them for off-road use. That was not really what these models that we purchased were made for.
Well, I always am crammed in the back middle seat of a Toyota 2008 Avensis. You NeVeR heAr mE coMplAIniNg.

I'm glad my parents are getting a Land Cruiser, and not just for extra seating. Also for the off road capabilities.

If you're concerned about safety, just don't buy an american car

If you're concerned about safety, just don't buy an american car
Depends what it is.... the Trucks and SUVs are very safe.
My friend is a police officer was parked on the shoulder of the road and got hit by a drunk driver doing 60 mph. This Police car was a Chevy Tahoe K-9 unit. Both he and the German Shepard were perfectly fine (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back