Talion Zippy lipos from hobbywing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I know there's a battery thread but I figured this would get seen a lot sooner, and I want to possibly order this tonight so it gets here by or just after xmas :D

Anyone have experience with Zippy lipos. I have a nice SMC 4s 90c for racing purposes, but I wanted to pick up a cheap (price, not quality) 6s for funnin' around.

Saw these on sale at hobbywing today for $50
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-4500mah-6s-40c-lipo-pack-xt90.html
and was wondering if:

1) Are they any good? From what i understand Zippy and Turnigy are basically the same thing with a different name

and

2) Will I have any issues fitting this in my Talion being it's a 'compact" size? I don't want it sliding/banging around in the tray specially being it's a softcase.

Thanks!

Zippy is like the lower end of the Turnigy line. The Zippy batteries seem to be hit or miss as far as quality goes from what I have seen. Seems they have a tendency to puff. Also being only 4500mah 40c they might not have enough umf to power an 8th scale.

I don't have any experience with the battery, but the size will be fine. It may say 'compact' but it's 157x45x52mm. I run 2 x 3S in my Talion (or Notorious or Typhon) that sat atop one another are 132x43x50mm. They don't slide or move around.

I have experience with these Zippy's in my aircraft's. They were alright; I never had one puff, however, I had heard of others having issues.
I currently use the 6s 5000mah 65C Turnigy Graphene and they work excellent.
If you are ever worried of a lipo sliding around, just use some industrial Velcro. One strip in the tray, and clearly one strip on the battery. I did this on all my Heli's / Planes and it worked very well.

I have experience with these Zippy's in my aircraft's. They were alright; I never had one puff, however, I had heard of others having issues.
I currently use the 6s 5000mah 65C Turnigy Graphene and they work excellent.
If you are ever worried of a lipo sliding around, just use some industrial Velcro. One strip in the tray, and clearly one strip on the battery. I did this on all my Heli's / Planes and it worked very well.
I run the medium Puretech RC Xtreme-quick-mounts in my LC Racing minis. I want to get a large one for the Outcast. http://puretechproducts.com/product/xtreme-quick-mounts/

I bought a few lectrons like 4 months ago ($80ish for 6s) and they are still going strong....a little beat up but great power and other than the balance plug wires falling out all the time, they are great....soft pack too..(i will only buy hard packs from here on out)

yeah that is cheap.... try them out and give us your review...I need to buy a few more packs soon...

I already have the 4s (it's the track requirement) version of this battery and love it. Only reason I was looking at some other brands was I just didn't want to wait that long for the 6s past xmas, but I emailed them and got a response not 5 minutes ago that they would be shipping near the end of January. I can wait a lil' bit for it. Can't argue with their customer service, that's for sure. :D

I couldn't recommend them enough.

I prob would have sprung the extra $25 for the 5400mah. Let me know what if the run time is good once you get...

4500mah is good enough for me. My other battery is a 5400mah and my two batteries for my traxxas cars are 5000mah and 5800mah and I never run them long enough to hit the LVC. I always let them rest after a good 10 minutes or so of running. :)
I'll let ya know whenever I get it though for sure!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back